Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    patrick_o            07-22-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
hey i'm new and havin trouble with w2w's and was wonderin what would help.i can ollie ok and i believe my edging is good if anyone can help tell me.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-22-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
Straight up good and tall at the wake. If your edging is alright, you'll have no trouble clearing the wake.
Old    patrick_o            07-23-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
i do better toeside but i realize that i let go with my back hand and loose my balance what can i do?
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Focus on keeping the rope into your font hip on your toeside when cutting, after you stand tall and pop off the wake, bring your knees up a bit while pulling the rope into your hip again, this will help you to keep your balance. Toeside is tricky because you have to keep the handle toward your back, most people don't go toeside, so they will wallow in the Heelside Possy for eternity.

You can also go for a quickie indie grab with your back hand, it help's to do something instead of looking like a rodeo rider waving your arm around. Focus on pulling the handle into your front hip, even if you go for a grab with your back hand. Also, try to stand striaght and lean when you cut toeside, don't bend at the waist and curl your back, you will lose your pop.

Charge that F-in wake!!!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, watch some vids and pay close attention to how the riders position themselves on the toeside cut. Copy them.

Watch Detention as well, that vid has a wealth of basic and advanced knowledge. Once you start to get it and practice it, it becomes automatic.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-23-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
Dude - Patrick. I see this all the time. The reason you pop better toeside is because you're edging through the wake. You're probably letting off of your edge on your heelside, flattening out the board and it's killing your pop.
Keep your heels dug in all the way through the wake and you'll sail - that is unless your wake is ankle high. Standing tall will keep you from absorbing the wake with your knees.
Good luck dude.