Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (majorman22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
hey i am thinking about getting the shane with shane bindings and i am wondering if thats what i should get
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
what year shanes are you gettin?

if money isnt a problem id go w/ the 07 shane board.
w/ bindings the 06 shanes arent tht great. mainly cause of the closed toe and when you land in flats or take a hard landing it can jam ur toes kinda bad.
07 shanes ive never ridin but w/ the board id def go w/ the 07 shane, and a binding idea would be the sphynx, they are so comfy and soak up real hard landings.
Old     (majorman22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
2007 probably
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
yeah then go w/ the 07 shane board. its aweosme and i think the graphics kick @$$! w/ the 07 shane bindings again i havnt had any experience but i hear they are preety good that is if ya get open toe not closed.
Old     (majorman22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
awesome thanks should i go open or closed limited
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
no prob.

id def go w/ open unless you want jammed toes every time you land hard. but yeah go w/ open limited.
Old     (miller_time)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-12-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
I've never head of anyone jamming their toes, personally my next set of bindings will be closed toe. I haven't heard anything bad about them. All I hear is they are warm, comfy, easy to get on, and some say give you better control. So if it were me I'd go closed toe.
Old     (soccerfreak785)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-12-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
I say try em on and see what you like

If the binding fits properly you shouldn't be jamming your toes.

Open vs. Closed basically boils down to which you like the look of better, whether or not one performs better is still up in the air
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-12-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   

quote:

Open vs. Closed basically boils down to which you like the look of better, whether or not one performs better is still up in the air

I couldn't agree more. I've been riding closed toe boots, and haven't jammed my toes.
Old     (majorman22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
awesome i think i will go with the closed toe then
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
thts just my personal experiences. also a couple of my friends hve done the same as me, jammin their toes. but its like i said its only when you hit real hard.

but yeah it kinda does come down to looks i guess
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-12-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
i like my closed toes more than the open toes, but thats just my personal preference. i've never jammed my toes, and they definetely keep my toes warmer in this nice 40 degree water we've been riding in up here in Wisconsin. But all this aside, i really dont see much of a difference between the two. I agree thats its all up to preference, and what look ur diggin.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
I ride the 06 shane setup (board and bindings). I have never jammed my toes. In fact my foot never moves at all. I wear a size 10 shoe so i got the size 9-10. They fit perfect, not to big not to small. If you go close toe try and get them a little small but where they are still comfy.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
I think people that jam their toes are ridding bindings that are to big for them.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
yea good choice with goin with closed ive never jammed my toes and i take a lot of tricks into the flats.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Everyone has their own "opinions" on the open toed vs. closed toe. Go to your local dealer and see if you can demo each pair and see which you like better. I have never tried the close toe so I cant say how they ride, but I do have to say they look kind of funny. Again this is my opinion. But I would try both out before you buy them. if you are spending $700-$800 on a setup make sure it is what "you" want.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Yea i agree with Jay.

The reason i went closed toe was because i got tired of my feet going out the front of my open toes and ripping up my binding. I think this is why people think that you will jam your toes in closed toe, but like i said earlier my feet dont move (front or out the top).
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
yeah i bet what i prob did was size too big maybe i dunno.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
yea who started this whole jamming your feet in close toe thing. Its seriously ridiculous because this has never happened to anyone i know
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
I have '06 murrays, so theyre close toe, and its not toe jammin, its cuttin real hard on my toes; sometimes the toes go in the water and take away speed and my board pops out of the water!

otherwise i really like the murrays and the close toe or open toe thing wouldnt effect me buyin bindings, its the side to side movement in the murrays that i like.