Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-25-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
What's a smoking deal on a Tige' 22VE these days??? Anyone bought one this season and what did you pay out the door? I just want the standard 340HP and not to many opitions....Let me know what a really good deal would be. Thanks.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-25-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
I would say around 50K out the door would be a good deal depending on options.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
if you got pretty much no options you might be able to get one for 50 out the door. i've got my old demo boat up for sale right now. its a 06 22ve with 82 hours on it fully loaded(ballast, tower speakers sub, speed set, bimini, stainless steal package, and all the other little stuff) for 50 grand plus tax, freight, prep, and license. green and black with black tower. if anyone wants it let me know. its in showroom condition.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Upgrading to an RZ2 Ryan?
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
Upgraded haha. but yeah i got my RZ2 about mid winter. that one will be for sale in about a month too. the 08's are coming. i wish i could jsut keep the RZ2 because i finally got it all set up with the extra ballast that i did(2600lbs all on the switches, don't have to fill any sacks with pumps)
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-25-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
Or you could just buy my 06' 24V with 60 hours for $53 ;)

a little less than $50 is prob. about right for an 07' w/o many options.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-25-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
Here's one for $49,990 on Craigslist. Brand new '07 22ve

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/375886359.html
Old     (pcoak)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-25-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
hey this is Pat from Xtreme marine of ct. the new tige 21ve is the boat to buy . As a dealer we have not even been able to see pichures of it yet other than the northeast rep. Randy O telling us about the true greatness that tige is bring forth with this boat. the new 08' will put tige in the same standards as malibu. WE ARE SO Ready for this boat, we order 6 and there only give most dealers 4.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
i'm a tige dealer too over here in cali. i've been hearing some little rumors about the 21ve also but haven't seen any pics or heard that it really will be coming out. i can't wait for the dealer meeting in september to see it and hopefully take a little ride behind it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
i just read the letter about the tige dealer meeting and in it, it says that they will be introducing the RZ1. i don't know if that means its a 21 foot RZ or what. i know last year when i was at the factory they were alomost done with the process of making a i-drive pickle-fork boat so it might be that. i'm not sure but whatever it is i'm sure its going to be awesome.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Tanner, I'll give you $53 for your boat. When can I come pick it up?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-26-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan, I would like to know how you got your RZ2 setup with that ballast configuration? Did you use the factory setup and add on from there or is it a custom install?

Thanks
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-26-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
Well that's better than the $.50 I'd give you for your Bu
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
Well, it didn't take long to start the bashing on this post.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-26-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
I think 50K out the door is pretty reasonable considering the time of year. If you haven't sold your in-stock boats yet the season is quickly coming to an end. We bought in 2006 at a boat show a brand new 06 24ve for 54K out the door, and it has a lot of options.

I don't know if they will sell to you down in texas but give Joel at www.stateamind.com a call.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-26-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Steve, come by the shop when you get a chance, I would love to sit down with you again to see if we can get you in a quality Tige boat. I am sure we can work something out with your trade. We have several very nice 22ve's in stock. Remember from your last boat purchase, dealer support and developing a relationship with your dealer is an important piece of the puzzle. We here at Texas Tige make the relationship between us and our customers job #1. See ya soon...
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-26-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Steve, after reading all the problems you had with dealrs on your current boat....I would think price would be behind finding the right dealer and building a good relationship.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Pierce, i kept all the ballast that comes in it from tige and just added to it from there. in the back i took the over flow lines for the hard tanks and ran them into the 370lbs soft sacks i put back there(fly high tube sack. really low profile sacks so they basically go from the back storage to under the seats about half way) and then just put a pump into that sack and ran the wires up to the controlls. under those sacks i put 150lbs of weights off of a weight bench. so in the back thats 1500lbs. in the front i jsut added lead where ever it would fit. 800lbs of it. so in the front i have 1200lbs. the total in the boat comes to 2700lbs. i thought i had 900 of led in the front but i counted it yesterday n i was wrong. i have a 05 F-250 that i tow it with so having all that extra weight up front doesn't really matter to me and i'm only towing it about 20 minutes to the private lake.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-26-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
I agree Sam and Brandon, I have learned a valuable and hopefully not too costly of a lesson.

Buy from a local dealer and know that the dealer is going to take care of you and stand behind you.

Brandon I will be in touch. I may also take a long look at the Moomba/Supras and Sangers here in H-Town.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
Ryan, thanks for the reply. Did you run another fill pump to the rear soft sacks? Where did you put that pump? Also how are you emptying the soft sacks? I have been wanting to do this but haven't heard of anyone doing this yet.

Sorry for the high jack Steve, if you need more info visit my site, www.tigeowners.com.

Thanks,
Matt
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-27-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Steve, take a look at everything....

When you are ready to get in a QUALITY, TEXAS BUILT BOAT, then give me a call at the shop and let's set up an appointment. Don't make the same mistake twice, and take a chance on recieving below par service. Recieve the "Golden Celebrity" service at Texas Tige.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Pierce, you know when the hard tank is full and the over flow starts pumping out the side of the boat. i took that over flow hose from the hard tank and put it right into the soft sack. after the hard tank is full it then pumps the water through the over flow line into the soft sack so no need for another fill pump. then for the soft sack pump to pump the water out i put the pump right into the sack. the fly high sacks fittings are threaded on the inside of them and the pump is threaded so i just screwed the pump into the sack. for the wiring on that i took all the padding on the back rest of the drivers side and ran the AC down the side of the boat all the way up to the driver. so i didn't actually wire the soft sack drain pump into the ballast switches. the AC plug will just hang down by the drivers feet but they aren't in the way and then when you want to empty those soft sacks you take your 2 AC plugs and drain which ever one you want to. you have 3 plugs right there on the dash so you'll still have another one open if you have to drain a front sack.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Ryan, awesome thanks man. One last question, for your pump that empties the soft sack did you install a hose through the hull or is the empty hose just stored in the storage until your ready to use it?

I think I am going to do this myself during the winter. I am tired of filling additional sacks since the stock ballast isnt much.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
o sorry i forgot to put that part in there. i just used a T connection and "T'ed" into the hose that pumps the water out of the hard tank. i didn't want to put another hole in the side of the boat being it'll be up for sale in about a month and i'll probably have to take the soft sacks out of it and put the ballast back to normal.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Ryan, if you get a chance I would love to see some pictures. My email is matt at tigeowners.com

Thanks man!
Old     (ssrgeoff)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I heard that the 21 was a V. Not a VE and it was the standard front. Guess, we will have to wait and see....
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Pierce, when i'm at my storage barn i'll take some pics of the sack set up. i might of sold it today. it was a sad sad day for me. no boat for the rest of the season.

Braaap, i haven't heard anything from tige about a 21v or ve. they might be making the mold for one. tige has made a RZ1. i'm not sure what it is. last year when i was at the factory they were in the process of making a 22foot i-drive with a pickle fork so it might be that but i don't know why they would call it the RZ1. i'll find out what it is in mid september.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-28-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Braap,

The new model is the RZ1. It is a 21 foot pointy nose V-drive with the RZ transom. No pickle fork. Talked about it extensively with my dealer 3 days ago.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-28-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
i wonder how the wake is on it.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
More than likely it has the Convex and Tap2 that are both patented. So, I would say similar to any other Tige out there....
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-29-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Can we get back to what the out the door price is on a 22VE?? I'm seriously thinking about buying one but would like to know some hard #'s before I walk into the dealership and sit down at the table.

No offense Brandon just want to do a lot of homework before we talk shop. BTW whats the warranty on the boat besides the hull and how are the interiors holding up??

Maybe I'll drive out and check out the factory.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-29-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Steve,

IMO, when I bought my boat 24Ve a little over a year ago, it was $3K more than the 22Ve. I walked out the door with the boat at $65K. However, that is in CA. Not sure how much cheaper you will get if for and I would estimate it around $60K. But, go in and have then tell you the #'s and that way you can see how much it will cost. The MSRP is really the only method for us to know how much a boat cost since the dealership and manufacturing keep the true purchase price to themselves.

Warranty:
Seats 3 years
Vinyl 1 year
Powdercoat on tower (zero, do not get powder coating done on the tower and uprights. You will be kicking yourself in the butt for doing so.)

My interior is holding up very well and I don't have a complaint.

Hope that helps out a little bit.

David B.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-29-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
Steve,
Motor-3 years on all lubricated parts
Vinyl-5 years
Carpet-5 years
Trailer-2 years
Gauges-limited lifetime
Ect,ect,ect....
Come by the shop, I am a better talker than I am a typer....

Remember, call first and let us know you are planning to come out. We are slammed right now with new boat deliverys. See ya soon.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
^^^ Ops, I guess I was a little off but again, I was spot on with that powdercoating issue. :-)
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-30-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Steve,

Go in and talk to Texas Tige, get the MSRP with all the options you want, then get their so called best offer.

I would shoot for 20% off MSRP, it is very realistic to get a discount like that on a wake boat. I have been told by a Tige dealer myself that they sell most boats during boat show season for about 20% off MSRP. You might not get that big of a discount in the middle of summer but it is something to shoot for.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Also, September, Tige is going to show their new boat lineup.... You could also get a good deal after that event also.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-30-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Steve,

The other thing to consider is how much the dealer likes you. You are more likely to get a better deal if he wants to sell a boat to you as a good representative of the dealership and Tige in general. Be careful about grinding the dealer's nose to the pavement getting a 'good deal'. You may actually get a worse deal if he then knows you are going to do the same thing when you come in for service, then when something breaks, 'here he comes again'...

It seems to me that many of the guys who put a huge emphasis on getting the best deal, get disappointed. Someone out there is going to say they got a better deal than you. It will happen, even if you are a smooth negotiator.

Brandon seems eager to sell, and sounds friendly. Go talk to him, and then if your heart feels it, sign on the dotted line, love your boat and don't look back.

If the boat is out of your budget, remember it is only a recreational item, and don't mortgage your future for it.