Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (bradstang)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-05-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
My daughter has really long hard, below her but. Everytime we go out I put it in a pony tail, but it still gets rats nested up.

What do you girls do with long hair to keep it nice and still ride? Thanks
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
I pull it back and wrap it all up, doesn't look nice and I don't care. Nothing you can do except brush it each time she gets out of the water. Brush it on the back of the boat, then you won't have hair all in your boat.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-05-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
you could try braiding it instead of just a pony tail.
Old     (wakechick418)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
My hair is really long and gets pretty tangled. I always carry a bottle of leave-in conditioner with me to the lake. Makes a world of diff.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
kylies idea mixed with melanies idea could also work. Braid her hair in one long ponytail, then make a bun with it.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-05-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
I have really long curly hair and this is always a problem for me.

Now that I wear a helmet, I put it in a ponytail or braid, then either doing leave-in conditioner or actually washing the hair if there is a shower on board and combing it out on the swimstep has been my solution.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-06-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Kylies idea, if it's a french braid would work because it's braided, it would stay together then because it's a french braid it already is up so you wouldn't have to worry about having to put it in a bun as a braid.
Old     (coleebear80)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
fish tail braids usually stay together (braiding in really small pieces, slowly adding more and more hair into the braid & start with the hair already in a really tight pony tail)
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-14-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
cut it
Old                10-20-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
yes, once I had long hair, but due to the pressure from study, I have it cut.
Rgds,
http://www.algogo.com
online electronics store with cheap price!
Old                11-17-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
I had hair to the botttom of my back this summer. When I went wakeboarding I would just pull it back in a pony tail either waded up or just a long one, depending on if I had to wear my helmet in a tournament or if I didn't have to wear one, I would just leave it hanging down. When I took my hair out of the pony tail it would be tangeld but I wouldn't do anything about it untill I got home and would just use a lot of conditioner to make it easier when i get out of the shower and brush it. It works, but I am sure other girls on here have better ideas.
Old     (elmo)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-07-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
I would not do the french braid... I have long hair too and whenever I french braid and get it wet... my hair gets really tangly. I would go with just a regular braid, they're easy to take out.