Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    dcoleman            05-01-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
I have 2 12" Comp VR's. The boat is coming in about a week. I just want to get ideas on where to put the subs. I was thinking of one at the drivers feet and the other under the observers seat, or how about both at the drivers feet. I also saw a setup with both in the rear storage area. Thanks for any advise!!
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-01-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
I put one under the drivers console and the other under the observer seat. I'll have picks up this weekend hopefully(weather permitting) My guess is you need atleast 1 cu' per sub so unless you wanna start redoing everything under your driver console to make that much room seperate them. I saw a Bu' where the guy put one solobaric under the front fill in pad worked out good for him. Just another idea for you.

Rob
Old    dcoleman            05-01-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
How does the bass sound under the obs. seat? Muffled?
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-01-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
JL 12W3v2 with 500watts of JL power.... Not a chance in hell of it being muffled. All joking aside bass is omni-directional and will radiate out from where ever you put it. That's why you can hide subs anywhere and it doesn't make much difference. I'm still tuning the boat it just got pwr last night but its way loud!!!
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-01-2003, 4:41 PM Reply   
I put two kicker L7 10" under dash on my 02. I used a subzone small duel box and it fits almost as if it were custom made, Oh ya and I also have the 3 outlet heater in there. It came with the infinity sub in the observers compartment and I would not install anything in there unless it was ported. or you wont get the full potential.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-01-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
I'm installing a single 12" sub in a www.audioformz.com enclosure at the driver's feet in my '03 VLX.

I hope to have the install completed in a week or two. My new JBL head unit is out for warranty repairs.

Once this is in, I'll see if a second sub is really necessary...
Old    dcoleman            05-02-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
Rob, I will come check it out, but not Sat. we are going to Vegas! I'll give you a call