Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    adkelley            06-19-2003, 4:05 AM Reply   
For those of you that have it on your boat what are your thoughts? What service did you go with XM/Siri and what hardware did you go with? Thanks
Old    walt            06-19-2003, 4:53 AM Reply   
I just got Sirius yesterday and I'm going to use the boat this weekend, so I will let you know how it works.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2003, 5:44 AM Reply   
Xm went with the fm modulator, not my choice but really my only option. I have xm in the truck for about 1.5 years, would not live w/o it. Leave the cd's at home, mp3 players and xm take up alot less room. Great selection, great reception.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
XM has awesome service, can't comment on sirrus. but i wouldn't have a car with out XM
Old    skeeter            06-19-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
XM, Ski Fi...You can go from boat to car to house to truck! Excellent programming, check out the boneyard!!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
I purchased XM two weeks ago. What a refreshing change from the radio and you always have a great mix of programming. I even purchased some XM stock because I think the growth will be exponential. Don't hesitate to purchase.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
The pull out Sony ones (That they aren't making anymore) are great. Just buy another cradle for your boat and pay one subscription and you can use it in the truck and boat. You can get them on sale at best buy and CC now since Sony isn't making XM products anymore.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
Walt let me know how you like Sirius I got the gear just have not found time to get it in the boat.But sounds like everyone else went with XM uh-oh
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-19-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have SIRIUS in my boat and think it's great. Reception has not been an issue. My boat came with a SIRIUS-ready deck so I only had to buy the digital tuner/demodulator and the antenna.

I think both SIRIUS and XM are offering units that can be moved around from the car/boat and the house with only one subscription. That would be worth looking into.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-19-2003, 11:04 PM Reply   
I just bought my second XM package, got one on ebay for 70$, the modular one. Now I've got enough antennas and cradles for all my vehicles. A second receiver is only 6$/mo extra, so I'll activate it too. It's great. Don't wait. Get the Sony modular one, you can move it around.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-20-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
I have SIRIUS and works great. Got the car antenna and mounted up under the bow, out of sight, on a 12"X12" piece of dynamat. Reception has been perfect so far. Plus, you can pay month to month, no contract, and turn off for winter. $5 gets it re-activated.
Old    clint_h            06-20-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
How is the reception on decks that are not XM/Sirus ready? I used to have a CD changer in a car a long time ago that played through a stock head unit on 88.3 and the clarity of the CD was no where near that of a strait up CD player. What does everybody think?
Old    kali            06-20-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
where are you all mounting the antena?
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-20-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
I have one of the Roof mount antennas for a car. After much debate on the best way to attach it I found that I like to just set it on the dash while riding and when I am done I just throw it underneath. I hear alot of people say that they mount it underneath and still get good reception. Maybe it's my antenna, but it doesn't work well at all if not in the open.

S Dub, what does your antenna look like? Mine is the little dome shaped one.
Old    bobbymucic            06-20-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
I just bought a used boat..I haven't signed up for the XM, but the antenna is on the dash.