Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
I know this has been talked about before, but with gear changing so quickly, I was thinkin I'd drag it out again.

I picked up an 8 gig Sansa on Woot the other day for $30 shipped. Rather than blow out the entire lake, much less those in our own boat, with tunes that they may or may not care to hear, I thought I'd check out putting an MP3 player & headphones on myself as I ride. Let those in the boat listen to whatever they want, I'll listen to what I want.

The Sansa is tiny (like 1" x 1.5" x .5") & there are plenty of waterproof armbands, bags & housings for it that I can easily put it on my arm or on the shoulder of my vest comfortably. Even vests with pockets in them now days.

Now I'm looking for headphones. I always wear a Protec helmet so I'm thinkin I'll just wire up the helmet with a descent set of waterproof earphones. I checked out H2OAudio's, but they are getting lousy reviews saying their not durable. I even checked out the new ShreadReady helmets with the integrated headphones but didn't like how it fit on my noggin (yea, yea, let the jokes begin).

I'm lookin thru Ebay now. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old     (scott76310)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-18-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
I used the ShreadReady Can Can earflaps and made them fit my Protec helmet. It works great!! I have the classic helmet but I think they could be made to work with the regular Protecs even easier. I posted it somewhere on the foilforum so go check it out. Foiler is my user name.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
My oneil revenge has the MP3 player pocket on the back of the right shoulder. What all brands of waterproof earphones are there? Also who makes a good water proof case? I thought I'd never use the pocket, but I'm leaning that way now that my stereo upgrade dreams were crushed by a tranny issue on my wifes car......:-(