Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       05-08-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Anyone be to Lake Oroville (CA) yet? How is the water level. I went online to make reservations in the Bidwell camp ground for 4th of July. There is a warning that to launch a 4x4 is recommended. I will be going up with a RV so that won't work. Also, last year we were up there in August and it was a hike from the camp sites to the Marina, a steep hike.

(Message edited by Family_deckhand on May 08, 2009)
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-08-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
Currently at 62% of capacity (more than last year this time) but with the rains pretty much over who knows.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-09-2009, 1:10 AM Reply   
Launch ramp will be closed and the dirt lot to the left of the ramp will be used at Bidwell by the 4th. They put down mats for traction but ramp angle is extremely shallow. Had half my truck in the water in order to launch and the line to launch was ridiculous. When we took the boat out had the wife drive over to the Spillway, way easier. Spillway will still have 8 lanes open and Bidwell will have like 1 or 2 lanes. I say 8 lanes but that is only if the idiots can figure out how to back down the ramp in only 1 lane. Buy the way your pass at Bidwell will work at Spillway also. So no need to pay twice. Trust me it’s worth the 5-10 minute drive to launch and pick up. Pics of current ramp conditions. http://www.water.ca.gov/newsroom/photo/drought.cfm
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       05-09-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Someone on another site said the water was up and probably still rising and that it would be fine by 4th. Your thinking it will be as low or lower than in the pictures on the link?

http://www.water.ca.gov/newsroom/photo/drought.cfm
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Honestly i can't answer that but my guess the way things are is that it's a crap shoot at best. New Hogan which is my lake of choice is only 36% and dropping already! It's going to force me to find other waters so who knows as this year is crazy already.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-11-2009, 12:27 AM Reply   
Just looked today and lake is up 50ft from this time last year. Alot depends on how much water they have to release. Bidwell ramp might be ok still, walk to Marina will still be long and steep no matter what happens to the lake in the next couple of months. Only way the walk changes is when the lake gets to like 850' and more don't see the lake going up 50' by then. Water level should be better than last year though.