Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-18-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
I dont get it ,of course you dont need a boat when your surfing waves..
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-18-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
It's has some sort of props or jets. Way easier to get out to the break and catch waves with that thing.
Old    JasonDJ            04-18-2011, 2:33 PM Reply   
Interesting...run time is short though at 30 minutes. Website states it can go 2 to 3 times faster than paddling a surfboard, the article below states 3 to 5 times faster at 8 to 10 knots on still water....

http://wavejet.com/

Article:
http://www.surfermag.com/industry-ne...rescue-boards/
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-18-2011, 3:52 PM Reply   
james it makes me laugh when i see the person standing on the board passing the guy paddling or catching the wave standing up ...... my boards are probably wide enough for twins i might be able to really scoot!! ........ some of the waves we catch at cowels are 45 to 60 second rides and the paddle back is ridicoulous ...... instead of walking the beach around and catching the channel along the cliffs you could just jam back out if it had an on/off button

we ride in the delta and there are a ton of boats that throw huge waves ...... you could hang out along the shore and then catch their wakes and surf them when they came by that would be wild and you wouldnt need a boat!! ....... as soon as they make them a little faster that is
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-18-2011, 4:30 PM Reply   
interesting
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-18-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
pretty cool idea!
Old     (delta_mud)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-03-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Frank, why not put your boat in the surf line up? Then you could sit on your butt, and really "scoot" and laugh at the people you are passing, while destroying traditional surfing all at once. What a popular guy in the line up you will be.!. Frank, unless you are handicapped and need that piece of crap, I wouldn't laugh and hog waves. Good luck, but please respect your local breaks.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-03-2011, 9:04 PM Reply   
Aw joe your killing me!! just looking at the lighter side of life ....... ive more then earned my dues in the local lineups ...... thanks for the good luck though!!
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-04-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
hmmm... lithium batteries and water are a great mix