Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
I got a pretty good trampoline this week and have started spinning and flipping as much as possible with the handle. My question for those that use a tramp. How much did it help your riding? I have a few basic inverts and spins in my bag but I really want to take them higher and progress on to new ones. Also, I tend to take a few tricks out the back from time to time and I am really hoping this helps me to go over the top more. What do you think?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Cant hurt. Just picked one up today off Craigslist. Now I have to make a level piece of ground to assemble it.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-21-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
jdub, I use the trampoline a lot during season (should use it off season to but i do other things) and i think it has helped a lot. my air awareness is up, my legs are stronger and handle passes are natural. I think it def makes tricks safer when you have done them before on the trampoline, you know what to expect in the air. I would recommend a trampboard as well...conditioning with that thing is great, not as heavy as a real board but definitely adds to your training.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-21-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
^^^I second the board. I took an old skate deck, stripped it and glued some old skate shoes on it and its great for the tramp work.
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-21-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Dig a hole and make your tramp mat level with the ground. Much less daunting when learning new tricks.
Old    murrayair            02-21-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
+3 on the old skate deck technique. That's what has helped me the most, especially on my spins and grabbing my inverts.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-22-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Trampoline has helped me the most in my riding. Having a ground level one would be a nice addition based on the fact that i fell off yesterday and busted my face. Remember with the skate deck, your along for the ride, theres no running, or trying to step on rail to gain balance back. This... was the reason for my busted face. I was trying something a little overboard for a 12 foot tramp with no net standing at regular trampoline height, so just be careful when strapped. Air awareness is the best thing to gain along with non stop repitition of handle passes. It gets ingrained in your dome piece. Be careful, its easy to mess up a trick once you start testing your limits and land on your neck, and that sucks as well. Now just double spring it, and Good luck!!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Do you have any tips for keeping clear of nosy insurance companies? I was thinking if I didn't get the net, I could at least flip it up against the back of the house when I wasn't using it, or throw a large tarp over it. But with the net, there's no hiding it.

What is the best diameter of 12 - 16' round only please??? Have been looking at bigger 14 or 15 models on Craigslist.
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
I got a 16 ft magic circle. I am very pleased with this trampoline. I am 190lbs and i can go plenty high on this thing to do what ever need be. Way better than the cheap walmart trampolines. Also has a great warranty
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-22-2010, 9:10 PM Reply   
I prefer the rectangle shape as it allows some extra side to side room, and yes sunk in the ground is the nice setup if you can manage it.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       02-22-2010, 11:51 PM Reply   
Helps alot! I had trouble progressing beforeI started using one and after a winter of using it non stop I landed like 5 new tricks the following summer in about a 2 month timeframe until I blew my knee