Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (liquidforce21i)      Join Date: May 2006       07-31-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
so im in the process of selling my 21i and looking to upgrade to something with a deeper hull but keep in mind i am a college student with only a bartending job in downtown buffalo so I cant just jump right into wakesetter, super airs, or x star payments...not even what some people are asking for the older ones. I have been looking into some of the sunsetters however and they look like a nice upgrade for me...what can you guys tell me about them? decent wake when weighted? consistent mechanical problems? any info will help, thank you
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-01-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
I'd like to know too. I found 96 sunsetter & it looks like it might fit ny needs. Wake? ride quality? any info wiould help in the decision.
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-02-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
A friend of mine has one. Everyone can throw the same things behind his as they can behind my vlx. You have to try a little harder to get the same air, but we don't seem to have a problem. We use the wedge and 2-250lb. fat sacs. One in the bow and one in the back compartment. The only thing he's done is change a burned impeller out.
Old     (lanzo)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-02-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
I have a '95 and it is a great boat (same hull as the current I-Ride).

Good wake when weighted. We usually run a few sacs and the wedge. The wake can get a little steep and have a lip on the top if you use the wedge and weight it heavily in the rear. If you want a rampy wake, just add more weight and don't use the wedge.

Good slalom wake as well.

The boats are pretty trouble free and from what I understand there is no wood in the floor.

My only suggestion would be too look for something with the Monsoon engine, or at least EFI...

Here are some pics of ours...

UploadUpload
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
I have an 01. It has a great all around wake and terrific handling but you do have to put some weight into the boat for a larger wake. It's not a VLX.
Old     (liquidforce21i)      Join Date: May 2006       08-04-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
thanks guys that helps a lot