Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-19-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
What works the best
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-20-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
Not sure about the 07 but I have an 05 Team Edition with the Triple up. The stock ballast is more than enough for most but I added a 500# sac in the rear locker and another 500# under the seat (both on port) and it made the wave long with a steep deep trough. It took awhile to get use to the steepness of the wave but once we got it dailed in it was unreal. When we only had one sac we always put it in the rear locker. Hope that helps.
Board More/Work Less!
Wadd$
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-22-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
I am goofy footed and would want to ride on the driver side of the boat i think. I blew my knee out last summer so i am making the transition to surfing since i am 40 and dont think my knee will ever be right again. How will the wave be on that side of the boat?
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-22-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
I totally understand. I have a bunch of hardware in my ankle from mt dirt bike. My son is goofy foot so he surfs starboard also. When he rides we move the sacs to that side. It still makes a killer wake.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-22-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey Johny,
What would be a great starting board? Since I grew up surfing in southern cal (Palos Verdes)I'm hoping it will all come back.
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       01-22-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
Love my B52 triple-up 05 because it gets such a good wake on BOTH sides. Tested a 06 and the goofy side was even better. Best goofy wake i have ever seen on a boat with that prop rotation. Would love to hear how the goofy side is on your 07. Weight it like Johnny said. Be sure to fill your bow ballest also.
Lots of fond memories of P.V. Grew up in DogTown. Especially having surfed, you should try a Shred Stix
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       01-22-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Hey Dave,
I grew up living in Hollywood Riviera, Surfed Torrance Beach and Haggerty's and the Cove all the time. A little before your time though 1962 thru 1966 before my first knee surgery. You will like the Shred Stix. Where do you live know?
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-22-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Dave,
I like the traditional surf style boards. I currently have a ShredStixx that I ride and love it. I surf it like my surfboard. I have tried skim style boards but did not like them. That's just me. There are guys on here that like skim style way better. What is your height,weight, and experience level?
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-23-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
Johny, I,m about 5'11 around 200 pnds good surfer good
wakeboarder not great at either but it sounds like I would also prefer a conventinal type board.
Dennis, grew up 2 blocks from lunada Bay. miss it
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-23-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
Dave, I am similiar 6' 194#.When I first started wakesurfing I met with Jerry Price and we looked at his boards. For my height and weight plus surfing experience he recommended a board,5'4" or 5'6" I think. Now when I surf, I ride a 6'10" board. I thought no way I can ride a board under 6'. So I met him in the middle and I bought a 5'10" ShredStixx. I soon realized I didn't need the extra length while wakesurfing. The board works great for 360's, tailslides, railslides, floaters, cutbacks, etc.. With the extra sac in the rear locker you can get some nice air drops. I am going to get one of his smaller boards this summer. I have tried the LF, Inland Surfer, XBC and Shred Stixx. I own an Inland Surfer(blue) and the Shred Stixx. Out of all the boards I have tried I stick with the Shred Stixx. It gives me the most accurate feeling of surfing.(which is what I am after) www.shredstixx.com. There are tons of posts on here titled "Which is the best wakesurf board." There you can find information on others opinions on boards if you'd like but if you want a surf style board get a Shred Stixx.
J$