Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-31-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
I tried wakesurfing earlier this week and it didnt really go to well. I aint got a wakesurf board so I just used an old surf board that I have. Its about 5' 8" or so. I couldnt seem to find the sweet spot on the wake and couldnt let go of the rope at all. I also only had like one other guy ridin w/ us plus a driver. Is that the reason I couldnt catch the wave?? any tips are very appreciated. thanx.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-31-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
Tell us, how did you set up your ballast, how much ballast did you use?

It took me a few tries before I could free ride. Getting your boat set up can take some experimentation too. I see from you profile that you have a Moomba, but the model isn't indicated. Let us know what model you have; I bet there’s a Moomba guy here that can tell you how to rig your boat.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-31-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Im riding behind a Mobius. I think its the '98 model. And I dont have any ballast yet just people. I just had 1 guy sittin in the back with a driver. I have a feelin that was a pretty big problem....

thanx again.