Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
I was just going through the pictures of the Atlanta stop of the pro tour and noticed that shaun was not using the 06 murray bindings. Whats up with that? Are they last years bindings? Just wondering if anybody knew what was up.
thanks,
danny

ps. shaun if you read this, not ripping on you at all, your still the man and my favorite rider no matter whats on your feet.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
They look like last year's Murray model of bindings.

http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot6.asp?ProductID=2541
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       05-11-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
It looks like Emily Copeland is also ridin with 05' Murray's http://http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=354&ImageID=34

hhhhhmmmmm CWB riders are startin to ride the 07 stuff, and HL is still on 05????(J/K)

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on May 11, 2006)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-11-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Old     (malibuohio)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing????? I have the 06 Murrays and would want to know if something is up with them. It seems the pros are wearing the 3ds closed toe.

(Message edited by malibuohio on May 11, 2006)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
JD was wearing the 06 Murray bindings.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-12-2006, 2:51 AM Reply   
The reason Shaun is riding the 05's is because he has a severely sprained ankle, and his 05's are just a little stiffer. He loves his 06's, and would be using them otherwise. As for Emily, I don't know.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-12-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
hey Travis thanks for the reply. its a bummer about his sprained ankle and now his sore body. Tell shaun i wish him a speedy recovery.

danny smylie
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
Everyone knows I'm a CWB guy, but I too rode the 05 Murrays when I had a blown up ankle. They are the closet thing to a snowboard boot. I loved them.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       05-12-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
LOL - I sprained both of my ankles on Tuesday in the 05 Murrays. Still love the binding, just a fluke where I didnt come out.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Did you have the option 2 strap cranked down tight? I made that mistake with the 02 parks when they first came out. Foot came half way out and destroyed me.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
I don't want to start a war here but why are you guys so in love with CWB? I am kind of old school I ride an 03 hyperlite premier and 06 murray bindings. I am not hating on CWB but when I was heavy into wakeboarding they had a reputation of being one of the weaker companies. Again I am not trying to start a fight here just want some info. I could ride new stuff if I wanted but I am not changing stuff just to change. Later, Mike
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Their products have changed that reputation. Try on a set of Zeus', or check out a Marius or an Absolute. They have fresh ideas and their products are just different.

I was on a Hyperlite and personally got sick of riding the same board everyone else was riding. I'm glad I ventured out, because the CWB boards I've been riding fit my style much better.

If you like your Premier, try an Absolute. A lot of people like it better.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-12-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Its all about Great Product and great reps that get you to the top of the wakeboarding market. Not to mention all the great riders they have signed like Andew Adkinson, Trevor Hansen, Jeff House, Jimmy Wolf as well as having a Great Jr. Men program and alot of the top Jr. Men riders. IMO thats why they have gone to the top.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-12-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Emily is not on the new Murray's cause they don't make them in her size yet. She said she will ride them when they do.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Thanks but I don't think I will be changing from the old school premier. Another question is why get a new board when the one for you works just because it is a new model. I saw danny and ruck killing it on the old premier so I know you can do pretty much any trick on it. Plus by getting new board I would have to waste precious water time getting used to a new board. It just doesn't make that much sense to me. Later, Mike
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-12-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Then you will never know why a lot of people are riding a CWB. I agree CWB used to be lame. Then when they came out with the first Absolute and the Vibe bindings they started getting better, since then it has been a flurry of innovations and changes that has pushed them to the top. As for innovation Shapiro used to do switch mobes on a directional board with a 3 inch surf dog fin on the nose, why not go back to riding that shape? Because things get better. Theres a reason the surf dog has been replaced.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-12-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Personally, I don't care what name is on the set up...if it pops, rides nice and provides comfort for me, I'm all over it.

I've ridden the Aboslute platinum with Zeus bindings and really liked the ride.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-12-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
You may also see a lot of people behind CWB becuase they have a really good grass roots type promotion. I now quite a few people here in the Atlanta area that CWB has supported for a long time and they have spread the word.

Personally I think LF makes the best binding on the market.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
I would say the first premier shape is that best wake board shape. It fits my style of riding. That is why I wouldn't change. Later, Mike
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-12-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
I don't ride CWB, but I think it's a great company and they have great product. They've come a long way and have a great up and coming Jr Men team.

As far as new set ups, I like to demo what comes out just to see how it feels. Doesn't mean I want to buy it, I'm just curious as to what the fuss is about. You'd be surprised at how things change and how much better you felt on a newer model board.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-12-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I would like to ride something besides Hyperlite, but they are the only company that makes a respectable "large" board - the Era 147.

If I'm not mistaken, no other company makes anything larger than a 143.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-13-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
CWB has the Factor in a 144cm
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-13-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
part of the reason cwb used to be a weaker company is because they used to be run entirely by a bunch of water skiers, with old school mentalities and had to borrow alot of ideas from what other wake companies were doin the year or 2 before. cwb sposored me quite a few years back. i used to get in trouble for breaking boards and hitting sliders. their team manager would come down hard on his "special" team if they even thought about hittin a slider. so i jumped ship and went to hyperlite where we were just about thanked for breaking boards so they could figure out how to make them strtonger.

lately i have witnessed much growth in cwb and am very impressed. the mentality behind the company has completely changed and they are steppin it up big time. many of my friends sup[port cwb 110 percent and the support they get back from the comapny is twice as huge.