Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Anyone riding in Foster City these days? I used to go out all the time, but I did not buy a pass this year. If anyone is riding there and wants to give me a pull and I can join up with you after work or whenever, I would love to. Plenty of $$$ for gas, stop at the fish market, have a beer or three...
Old    opsjmo            07-20-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
I work out in San Mateo area occasionally. Not to familiar with the area but where do you ride? Looking for a close place to ride after work.. Is the water pretty salty?
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Here is the deal with San Mateo Lagoons.... They are salt water fed from the bay, but stay fairly warm. The boat launch is right near the 92 101 interchange. It cost $40 to launch per time or you can a year long pass for $240. I used to go in all the time, but I bought a new boat and Don't like the salt water on the trailer or boat... my other boat was older so I didnt mind that much... Plus I lived close to rinse off after riding the boat and trailer, etc.. .the ramp has no fresh water station to rinse the boat and trailer.... so that is why I tend to stay out of there.... BUT... Redwood City has a ramp and I have seen people out there...they do have a huge freshwater station to clean off everything and it's only 3 bucks to launch....
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-20-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
What's up Tommer. Have I met you out there before? What kind of boat did you have and which end did you ride at?
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Hey Matt... i think we have met before... I had.... just sold it though 84 Nautique 2001 series.. black and grey... I just bought a 1992 open bow nautique...... so I am a little hesitent to drop it in there.... but we usually rode from the slow no wake to the turn around island..... I was out there last summer a bit, but none this year yet.... would love to ride out there
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-20-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
Hey Tommer, How's the new job treating you? We need to hook up in the near future. I'm at the delta just about every weekend, so shoot me an email or give me a call and let's get together and ride.

Rob
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
I am always looking for riders. I live on the water and have my boat on a lift. The water is not that bad but we have drysuits so we can shower off on the deck before getting back into the boat, NO SALT WATER in the boat. I take the shower water from my fresh water ballast. I am riding an Xstar with about 1,100 to 1,500 lbs of ballast, nice wake. Flush my boat and wash it down everytime I get it out of the water. I typically go after work at 5:30- to 6pm and usually each person is able to get 2 sets in and contributes $20 for gas and maintenance. If that works for you, drop me an email.

By the way the annual pass is $400 a year now...ouch
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey Rob! We have been riding out at Calero and the Delta also... July has been crazy with weddings and such, so we havent been out much... but yes, we have to hook up!

Wilson, I would love to come and ride with ya... I don't have a dry suit.. I have a sweet old Mike Siepel barefoot armor suit i use for barefooting! Yeah, it's nice to have a lift to bring it out of the water and flush then.. I would flush with the nautique back at the house and it has been fine for years... never a salt issue.. the issue is the trailer... when it sits in the sun for 3 hours with salt, it kills it... I tried to get San Mateo Parks to put a water station in and they told me to take a hike.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-20-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Hey Wilson, do you have the white X-Star on the lagoon?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
hey, if you guys wanna see some sick riding, take arun out on your boat. the guy has a crapload of tricks, stylie and super smooth!
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
I think I have had both of foolios behind my boat over the years once or twice... (arun and joe!) You guys are pretty sick riders
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-20-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Tommer,

When have you been hitting Calero? If you want to ride there after work let me know because I only live about 10 mins from the lake. We can take my boat if it is easier.

We'll be launching at Orwood this Sunday so if you're going to be out on the delta send me an email so we can hook-up.

Rob

Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Will be on AZ the rest of the week on business but next week looks good, Tuesday or Wednesday. Let me know if the dates are good.

Arun, I do have the white Xstar on the lagoon. Were you with Matt this Sunday doing the front rolls and raleys? Matt is sick as well. I just got down my backroll, 4 in a row...woo hoo and will be working on my ts backroll now.

Always lookin to ride...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
damn...i gotta get my ass back to norcal!
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Usually Saturday or Sunday morning rides only... My buddy just got a new super air team so he has been out there a lot... Thanks for the invite, but I have a wedding in Colorado this weekend and last weekend was New York... so it has been crazy! But I would love to hook up and ride....
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Who is this Arun guy everyone is always talking about?

Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
Tommer, I try to go Sunday mornings if I can wake up by 9am or so. Always looking for riders though, drop me your number.

Is your buddy's SANTE on the lagoon? Haven't seen one on the lagoon.
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
Hey Joe and Arun and whoever else... we are thinking of getting a second houseboat for boardstock.... Right now, we have (3) Nautiques for boats and one Odessy setup from H and H. If anyone wants in, let me know. The Odessy is already full, but we are thinking of getting another one.
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
I forgot everyone's name out there. The two guys that the 2001 Nautiques on the corner near the slow no wake.. I have talked with them a couple times.. and around the corner from his Pat I think his name is? Has the mastercraft and fixed up his house really nice... super nice guy
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
All the guys on the lagoon are way cool. Mat has the SAN and I think you are referring to Jay around the corner with the outside bar and outhouse.