Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-06-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
So after weeks and weeks of comparing, we have put down a deposit for a custom ordered Mastercraft X-30. We couldn't be happier.

How we came to the decision was this. Looking at both boats from a functional and family point of view the Mastercraft was just a much better laid out boat.

First off in terms of storage, I would say there was at least double the storage of the LSV in the X-30. There is even anchor storage. The Malibu didn't have any storage in the bow whatsoever. On the Mastercraft you can store surfboards and wakeboards anywhere in the boat.

Seats fold up on shocks. This was a big bonus too my wife. My kids could literally go into the bow and crawl all the way to the back hatch under the cushions, thats how deep it was.

The cooler was much better in the MC I thought, as was the trash can.

The Flip back rear seat (like on the new Xstar) was a big bonus for watching the riders. The Malibu didn't have any seat options like this.

I really like the new FT4 tower. I have to fold my tower up and down every time I use it and this tower is so easy to do, my wife did it with ease. I also like the looks of it.

Now of course my biggest concern was the wake since it is a new boat. My dealer assured me that the wake was very good and would be clean at all riding speeds, as verified by pro's like Zane. But to prove to me how serious he was, they put it in writing that if I am not happy with the quality of the wake, I wouldn't have to take the boat. This was a deal maker for me. There aren't a lot of Mastercraft boats with a "Bad Wake", but this made me comfortable with the decision to purchase a new model of boat.

Now this isn't to say there weren't things I liked about the Bu. I liked the carpeted seat bases, the dash and screens, and I liked the looks of the tower and boat overall. They are a sharp boat. I think I could have bought the LSV and been totally happy with it too.

Now the dealers were both excellent to deal with, I am very pleased with their efforts. Martin and Wizard went above and beyond to help me out and try and earn my business. They both knew their products very well as well as their competitors. I would say the worst part of this whole process was having to tell one of the dealers I went another route. Both were very professional.

Because it's a new boat, there aren't many pictures but here is a similar color scheme on an X-25 to what I am going to be ordering, but I will likely have some of the orange and black reversed. If I can get some pics from MC during the build I will post them up as well a review of the rest of the process and how the test goes. Its been fun so far.
Attached Images