Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-17-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
I thought i saw in a thread the other day that some wakeworlder had one on order. I still have only seen conceptual pics of this boat from MB's website. Is there any more info floating around out there on this model? Any actual pics yet?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-17-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
just this from facebook from january 23...

IMHO people who sign up to buy one based on a computer drawing and an ambiguous hull mold shot are hella crazy, but what do I know. Sure wanna see what it looks like and see pics and a wake review tho!
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-17-2012, 6:27 PM Reply   
I just saw that today on the MB website. I am with Shawndoggy on people are crazy to order one just by a computer drawing.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-17-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Check out www.mbboatowners.com
Old     (BKinSoCal)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-18-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
I spoke with MB at the LA Boat Show about the 24 because I was curious. They hope to have the first one built for the Sacramento Boat Show in 2-weeks. They told me they currently have 12 on pre-order.

I'm with the other guys, I wouldn't buy a boat based on pictures and computer graphics.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-18-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people have pre orders on an X-Star that went back to the drawing board and we technically have not seen? I couldn't do it either though
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-18-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
I myself am waiting to see the wake on the new Star before I purchase. Think people who have money in on the Star now are buying based on MC's history of solid wake-making, much like people dropping deposits on the F24 are basing it on their confidence in the brand.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-18-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
I hope it makes the SAC boat show so I can see it!
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-18-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
Troy....agreed. There is obviously still some uncertainty with any new model, but I'd be really surprised if this boat winds up being a clunker.

I've been talking with Shane and Mike about this boat since last summer. It's an incremental evolutionary step forward, not an entirely new creature.

From what Mike tells me, the running portion of the hull is the same as that of the 23 TWB. Because of the extra space a pickle provides, the stock ballat will be 50-100 lbs more per side than the 23 TWB. The dash is a few inches higher as are the gunwales. The sun pad will be several inches deeper than that on the current models and the activity center on the transom is redesigned.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
I was just thinking by now there had to be some photos out there. I'll try and be patient some more
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-20-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
Think we all have to be patient and wait until the Sac boat show.. don't think anything will come out till then publicly.