Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-06-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Just bought my first boat, 1995 Hydrodyne Grandsport Elite. Trying to decide what sacs to buy for my boat. Looking at either starting with just 2 - 400 pound sacs on either side of the engine, or running a 750 in the back between the seat and engine and a 370 tube sack upfront. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old     (Brando86)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-06-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Like most DD's, you'll probably like the 400's on each side of the engine, and some variation of weight in the bow, or the walkway at least. Let me know if you're interested in 2 400's and a pump, A friend has a like new set he wants to let go for about half price.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
When we had a hydrodyne our setup was:

1000lbs rear (replaced the back seat with a tank and placed the cushions back on the tank... zero sacs on the floor and no lost seating +1000lbs)
650lbs front (under the closed bow - plumbed in with the rear so it too was out of the way)

I'll try and dig up photos of the setup and/or wake... it was quite a while ago so it may take a bit
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-06-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
I would just go big and get a 750 for either side of the engine. A 750 in the rear and 350-500 in the front probably wouldn't be bad either. It jsut depends on where you want the sacs to be in the way. Do you want a normal usable back seat and bow area or the open area's to walk aroudn the engine cover? If you get the 750's you could also get an additional 350-500. Then you could push the 750's back some and put the other sac in the bow. The boat will throw a big and solid wake, that is for sure. I really liked those Hydrodyne's. They are smooth and feel like they are built like a tank.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
Here was our's
1994 Hydrodyne Legacy (not sure how it is different than Grand Sport)
The boat

The wake - it was easy to wash it out because the boat was so narrow

One more of the wake
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-07-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I would just go big and get a 750 for either side of the engine. A 750 in the rear and 350-500 in the front probably wouldn't be bad either. It jsut depends on where you want the sacs to be in the way. Do you want a normal usable back seat and bow area or the open area's to walk aroudn the engine cover? If you get the 750's you could also get an additional 350-500. Then you could push the 750's back some and put the other sac in the bow. The boat will throw a big and solid wake, that is for sure. I really liked those Hydrodyne's. They are smooth and feel like they are built like a tank.
That amount of weight would put my boat waaaay over its weight limit. It is rated for 1400 lbs. 2 - 750s on either side of the engine maxes that out... then there is no way to put any upfront. Do you know someone who has run this setup before?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-07-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pics. I dont know how they compare either. Mine has an open bow and 2 i think its a bit wider. Do you remember what your beam was?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-07-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
That amount of weight would put my boat waaaay over its weight limit. It is rated for 1400 lbs. 2 - 750s on either side of the engine maxes that out... then there is no way to put any upfront. Do you know someone who has run this setup before?
If you are going by what the boat says it will hold then good luck getting a big wake. At that point you will be maxed out at 350's or 400's on each side.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-09-2012, 4:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Here was our's
1994 Hydrodyne Legacy (not sure how it is different than Grand Sport)
The boat

The wake - it was easy to wash it out because the boat was so narrow

One more of the wake
Awesome pictures. I think your boat was the Grand Sport comp version. I cant find a legacy model made in 1994. I dont know if our hulls are different but i would assume they are since you had the closed bow comp ski version and i have the open bow.