Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-02-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
Any pointers would be welcome. I’d like to get some more pop this summer to do some grabs, etc and complete a backroll. This was taken in November 2011. Thinking of taking a lesson this spring.

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=matt_w2w.mp4
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-03-2012, 5:28 AM Reply   
Learnwake.com is a good source of information. $10 a month for full access. You can post your videos up there and get all kinds of instructional feedback. Not as good as a 1 on 1, but then again nothing is. My opinion it is well worth the money.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-03-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
your absorbing the pop with your needs.

really all you need to do is stand up and push off the top of the wake
Old     (andrewsnb)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-03-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Try taking a more progressive edge for your cut. What I mean is to take a slower turn in towards the wake and build your board angle from start to finish of the turn.

You should also try standing taller THROUGH the wake. You suck up your knees a little early. If you stand taller and suck up your knees AFTER you've left the water you will have a tonne more pop.

Send me an email if you want some more pointers. I used to coach a wakeboard school here in Canada. Now I am stuck in the store and not out coaching as much but I still love to talk wake. If you show me some more video I would be more then happy to have a look at it and offer some feed back.

andrew@shuswapsnb.com

Andrew
Shuswap Ski & Board
Facebook
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-03-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
Thank you- Andrew, I'm going out for 2012 break in tomorrow. Will try what you said. I've had a problem with cutting hard at first and letting up near the wake. I'll try what you and J.B said tomorrow. Will email you- thanks!

Matt
Old     (andrewsnb)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-06-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
Thank you- Andrew, I'm going out for 2012 break in tomorrow. Will try what you said. I've had a problem with cutting hard at first and letting up near the wake. I'll try what you and J.B said tomorrow. Will email you- thanks!

Matt
Cheers, Matt,

Let me know how it goes! Have fun out there!

Andrew
Shuswap Ski & Board
Facebook
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2012, 4:31 PM Reply   
You want my advice? Don't un-invite girls that want to wakeboard!

Other than that...what the others said. Progressive edge, stand tall, done.
Old     (heidi629)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-03-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
I think you need me out there to critique haha
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-03-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
Bring it Heidi- tomorrow?? Oh I forgot...too cold for the ladies.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-06-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
The pop motion is easy.Stand on the floor with legs apart like your wakeboard stance.Tighten your quadriceps muscles,that will straighten your knees.Tighten your gluteus,that will push your hips forward.Last thing is to push your chest to the sky,that will finish the total body thrust and launch you off the wake.It's just like jumping off a diving board or jumping on a trampoline.Good luck!