Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    bsoto            06-24-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
I know these questions about which binding I should buy get old but here goes. I am looking for a binding that has great ankle support and will give me that locked in feeling. Last year I was riding in a pair of mobes and my left foot came out of the binding. Ever since then on the top of my left foot in the area where my ankle and foot meet kind of on the outside I get a pain from time to time when moving my foot in certain positions. It doesn't bother me so much anymore but I want a binding that is going to give me that locked in feeling especially around my ankle. Right now I'm riding in a pair of CWB Torq's the only thing I don't like about them is I don't feel as locked in around the part of my foot that I want to feel locked in. So I was thinking maybe someone else can relate to what I'm talking about and maybe they could give me suggestions on a binding that worked for them.
Old    bsoto            06-24-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
What nobody has any imput?
Old    flipside            06-24-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Once again, I can't recommend the 03 Hyperlite Byerly's enough. Those bindings are INCREDIBLY comfortable. They are incredibly easy to get into and out of. But at the same time, the Boa system keeps ya locked in very well...EXCELLENT bindings, IMO.

FlipsidE
Old    mt_hed            06-24-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Exos work well after being broken in and have the most support I have ever felt
Old    bsoto            06-24-2003, 1:43 PM Reply   
Yeah that's what I've heard. However I've also heard about the many problems with the Boa system. For example one of my coworkers just bought an 03'Byerly with the Byerly bindings and on the last run of the first time using them the knob broke off of one of the bindings. Other than that he said they are good bindings. What about the parks or the zeus for the boot that will give my ankle the support I'll spend the money I just think for the money I shouldn't have to worry about knobs breaking off of my boot.
Old    shaggydan22            06-24-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
i have a pair of the zeus and a pair of o'brien ions.i ride the zeus because they flex a ton. i've hit my knee on my board a few times. the o'brien ions are extremly stiff. both hold really well. i would have to say the ions hold better than the zeus. i'm trying to sell mine if your interested.
Old    bsoto            06-24-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
Dan you say I'm trying to sell mine if your interested. Which pair are you talking about
Old    shaggydan22            06-24-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   
trying to sell the ions
Old    martini            06-24-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
check out collectdevelopment's new line for '03...i just got into a pair of aso1's with the pump and they offer more support than any other binding i've worn. heavy custom fit, very much like a snow binding...
Old    martini            06-24-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
collective development...sorry
Old    martini            06-24-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
check out the website www.cdwake.com

(no, i'm not on the payroll...)
Old    martini            06-24-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
check out the website www.cdwake.com

(no, i'm not on the payroll...)
Old    bsoto            06-25-2003, 5:58 AM Reply   
I've seen those bindings in a recent issue of Wakeboarding Mag. Are they too bulky?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2003, 6:18 AM Reply   
if you want to be locked in.....option 2 strap which comes on the parks or belmont....I had mobes before also...the difference is night and day.
Old    bsoto            06-26-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
What exactly is the option 2 strap? is that the Velcro strap that goes across the ankle area?
Old    dukekati            06-26-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
Hey Ben I bot a pair of belmonts a month ago and am very happy with them so far. The strap just velcros across the laces for xtra support. they are a very comfy binding and the old in and out is easy. I also tried on a pair of CWB Grips and really liked them. Excellent ankle support and they have a bladder around the ankle back which i really liked. you should check them out. I didn't buy them cause the overlap design is harder to get on and off and i will have several people using the same bindings so i was unsure about longevity of the overlaps happy hunting
Old    bsoto            06-26-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
Well I like the design of most hyperlite bindings. I just have a problem about spending 400.00 on a binding that isn't going to be what I want. I would really like to demo the belmonts and Parks but unfortunately I don't have a place in the area to demo anything from hyperlite's line of bindings. And I really want a binding that will keep my feet locked in and secure as well as give a good hold.
Old    mandi            06-26-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
I love my exos
Old    mt_hed            06-26-2003, 1:43 PM Reply   
same here
Old    bsoto            06-27-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
I'm actually going to take a closer look at the belmonts and the ions. Can you guys give me some feedback on either boot?