Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (newbie556)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-04-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
I am trying to get my high school to have something like a wakeboarding team but my principal told me to find an instructor so if anyone has an idea of a wakeboarding teacher near chattanooga please tell me via phone number (210)-557-9451 Thank you
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-04-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
I started one when i was in high school, more than an instructor you need one hell of a liability release. It was a long time ago so i dont remember the details but we had several lawyers look at it and draft one up
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-04-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Chris, I think what the principal is referring to is you need a teacher (aka instructor) on campus to supervise your club. I seriously doubt they want some random wakeboard instructor to come hang out. They want you to find a teacher that will make sure you aren't up to no good during your meetings. Good luck there young feller.
Old     (newbie556)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-04-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Well would you know of a good teacher??
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-04-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
Dude, you need a teacher at your school, as in the guy that teaches science, math or whatever. What you need to do is go ask your 5 favorite teachers or even a new teacher and see if they would be willing to sacrifice a lunch period once or twice a month to supervise your meeting.

I say again, NOT WAKEBOARD TEACHER, SCHOOL TEACHER!!!!!!
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-04-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
He means that teaches at your school. Have any young guys that teach in their 20's or 30's that aren't involved in any other sports? Maybe you'll even find one that waterskis.
We have a young guy that was pretty cool, He snowboards so he helped out with our winter ski club.
Old     (newbie556)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-04-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Ohhh ok thanks I guess I didn't understand what he was saying but i get it now thanks for the help guys
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-04-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Liability Nightmare.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-04-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, Liability is going to give you hell. Why do you want a Highschool affiliated team anyways? That would ruin all of the fun. Just organize it yourself outside of school.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-04-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
I believe he is Talking about forming a Wakeboard Club. A good place to start is the teachers parking lot. Go out to the teachers parking lot and look at the cars to see if any teacher has a watersports related stickers on their vehicles.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       03-04-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
i tried this, but i gave up. its way hard to do with all the liability.

you would be better off making a club outside of school. thats what i did.

just my 2 cents.