Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    allanofcalifornia            08-06-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have been searching the forum for the advantages of getting the power wedge over the manual wedge and it seems like convenience and surfing. I am trying to decide between 2 Malibu VLX boats. One has it and one does not. This will be my first boat and we are just starting to wakeboard and I don't want to make the wrong decision and be sorry later. We will be wakeboarding, tubing and hopefully surfing. It's the end of the 06 season so I am hoping to get good advice from everyone here as to whether someone should buy a boat because it has the power wedge. Would it influence your decision? Do you think it will have better resale value in the future if I ever decide to sell? What would you do? What would you recommend?

T H A N K S !!!!!
Allan
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
I would think that the price difference would be a factor in my decision. I personally would opt to have the power wedge with the idea that it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-06-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
i would get the power wedge, cause i always remember cold days and puttin my arm in the water to put it down or pick it up, and i hate it, maybe cause i dont like cold water, and it would be more of a convience to just hit a switch
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Power wedge all the way. We run the power wedger at 3/4 7/8 of the way down and it puts a great lip on the VLX wake. Cant get that with the regular wedge. Plus just pushing the button from the comfort of the heated Drivers seat is going to be great in the winter.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Allan where in Cali. Fresno here, we could take you out and show you the effects of moving the Wedge. We ride on a 6 foot deep private lake and with the wedge at the right placement all the kids who's parents have 210 or 220 Nautiques talk about how huge our wake is with so much controlled pop. The surf wake in 6 feet of water is awesome as well.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-06-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
You can not get it put on after the boat is built, so factor that in.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-06-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
most would prefer the pw...try asking over on the Malibu site
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
I've yet to hear anyone that has the PW wish the'd passed on it. In fact I know someone that ordered the 06' VLX w/o it and regrets it everyday. I've been on both boats and the PW makes a huge difference. Drive and ride each boat loaded to your liking and that'll make the choice easy.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-08-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
i would get the power wedge, so you don't have to explain the process to your friends that pretend they don't know how to put it down every time, and end up putting it down yourself.