Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
Where is a nice place to live near Orlando Florida...where their are jobs, good restaurants near by and what's a happening lake for wakeboarding or a good lake to live on? I possibly might be moving their at the end of this summer but don't know where to look.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-08-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   

quote:

By mango (mango) on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 9:08 pm:

Where is a nice place to live near Orlando Florida...where their are jobs, good restaurants near by and what's a happening lake for wakeboarding or a good lake to live on? I possibly might be moving their at the end of this summer but don't know where to look.

lake howell has a lot of apts. on the lake as well as homes. rollins college is also nearby. you might want to take a class or two there.

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
lol...i'm looking for a single family home 300K+.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-08-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Hook up with a Real Estate Agent... i'd be more then happy to do it for you but I live in Destin Florida, 6 hours from Orlando!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-09-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
I believe you won't find any house on a lake in the Orlando area for less than 475k.
Good is a relative term is my say favorite saying.
Since it all depends on what you're use to and expectations. The culinary diversity is adequate at best for my standards.
What kind of job/employment opportunities are you looking for?
You can always get a job at Disney,Univeral,Sea World...or any other tourist attractions.
Old    junglesmacks            04-09-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Orlando is a killer place to live.. yeah living on a lake is rediculous but there is one within a couple miles of anywhere and almost all with access. I personally like the St Johns river even though it is a little dirty.. lol.. always protected from the wind and beaaauuuuuutiful.. goes all the way up to Jacksonville with incredible scenery and secluded side rivers that are wonderful for just hanging out and anchoring on. The Dora chain of lakes is awesome too.. miles and miles of lakes all connected by canals.. its like a Disney ride in itself!

As far as the "culinary diversity" being "adequate at best" hahahahaha I couldn't tell you but uh.. yeah.. it's a nice place to live.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-09-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
a lake house for $475k! damn im moving there!

you cant find a lake house here for less that like $800k
Old    catfishh            04-10-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
I'll tell you this, Jacksonville is also a great place to live/ride. The real estate is booming here, low key scene, plenty of riding on the ST Johns River and some lakes to the west. I am living in a 2000 SQ Ft home, 4/2 w/ a huge inground pool and I am like an 1/8 of a mile from the boat ramp where we ride at. Actually I live acroos the street from the river, My house is on the market as we speak for 259,900. I know you want Orlando, but right now Jax is booming. and there are tons of jobs and other houses for sale around me.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-10-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
I live an hour south of Orlando in Winter Haven. We have a Chain of Lakes and the jobs are plenitful. You will not find a house on the chain for under $500k in a decent area, but there are other homes on other lakes that you can get into at that price. IF you want more info, feel free to PM or Email me.
Old     (birger_celis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-10-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Mango- I live on a private ski lake in Palm Bay Florida about 40min away from Orlando. There are a couple of lots left that you can buy; they are around $200k each, 1.25acares.
Great water ski community.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-10-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Hi Mango, Ask J-Rod about our little place, Stillwater Lakes, it don't get any better than this!!!Upload
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-10-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
The Butinsky's have the ultimate setup!

Craig are you still the only house on the lake? When are the sliders going up?
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-11-2006, 5:22 AM Reply   
Hi Dave, Yes were still the only house on the lake, Birger will break ground in May. Other than that, no one else even has applied for a permit. Justin and Birger bought materials to put a slider up so by the end of the month, we should have one. The second lake is also done. I'll send you a pic.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-11-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Clermont, Fl!

Huge chain of lakes that are uncrowded.

Kyle Schmidt, Trevor Hansen and Emily Copeland all live here for a reason.

It is the waterskiing, wakeboarding and soon to be wakesurfing capitol of Florida.

Supra/Moomba jamboree is held in Clermont every year.

Clermont is only 25 miles west of Orlando.

lakes average 3600 acres in size... not the pond shown above.

2003 world waterskiing championships were held at The Swiss Ski School in Clermont.

(Message edited by Ed G on April 11, 2006)

Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-11-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Ed, I'll bet you my pond as you call it will out ride anything you have to offer, first: it's private, second: it was designed and built to eliminate backwash and the depth of the water allows the big wakeboard boats the abilty to throw the biggest wake, third: no jetskis, 4th: nearly perfect conditions on any given day. Large lakes will have backwash, jetskis, other boats, gators and as the population continues to grow, so will the users of these public lakes, even the private lakes continue to have more houses built on them. Throw a slider on some of those lakes and see how fast they get removed and or make you remove them.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-11-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
craig,

nice points, but do kyle, trevor and emily live there? i rest my case!

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-11-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
Craig, no offense meant towards your "plake" (pond size lake). I'm sure it is perfect for your needs.

I completely understand your defense of your homestead, I lived on a plake in East Orlando before moving to Clermont.

After experiencing both, I prefer the chain of lakes.

Lake Minneola holds The Wakeboard Camp that has a slider, the Tiki Bar and a public slalom course that rarely gets used.

The Swiss Ski School in Clermont also has man-made lake subdivisions very similiar to Stillwater - (probably the same developers) with sliders and ski jumps.

As far as sports, Clermont has the best of everything - even the National Triathlon Training Center.

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-11-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Craig,

can you send me some information on the lake, and the real estate opportunities in that community? I would appreciate it.
ttrigo1@aol.com

thanks,

Thomas
Old    junglesmacks            04-11-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Go away. Orlando and Florida suck. You don't want to live here.. it's awful awful awful awful awful..

50,000 people a MONTH moving to central Florida right now. This sucks.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-11-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
haha, before you know it your lakes will be like mine--a thousand lake houses with hundreds of $60k wakeboats, none of which have owners that know how to share a line (or even drive a straight, consistent line), with sea walls everywhere
Old     (wakecat)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-22-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
Conway chain of lakes is a nice central area to live. 5 minutes from OWC, close to highways, Disney, and downtown. I am selling a house with private lake access to the chain of lakes. Its a 4/3/2 and sits on a nice lot with a large pond that is conected to the lake. The house has been remodled, updated, and has all new appliances. We are asking $359K My wife is the real estate agent listing the house. If anyone is interested let me know.
Thanks,
Johnny
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-23-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Hey Ed, What do you ride behind on the Clermont Chain? I am trying to find some more people out here that ride regularly. I have a 01 Super Air with a Zephyr (Tan) stripe, have I ever seen you or you me?

Chase
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-23-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
2003 Black Moomba Outback.

My subdivision has it's own dock and ramp on Lake Louisa. I'm out there at least every other weekend.

Look for the moomba with all the sponsor stickers.

I'm probably the only boat out there with people wakesurfing.
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-24-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Nice, you live in Hills of Lake Louisa? I live in Susan's Landing on Lake Susan so I don't travel the river too often. If you ever want to ride just let me know! We surf quite alot as well.

Chase
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-24-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
this is out of the way from orlando but can someone tell me what kind of area Boynton Beach is like?
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Hey Chase! Yes, that's exactly where I live.

I have never seen anyone else surfing. I'd love to hook up with you. I'm still trying to free ride. I own a CWB Ride and an Inland Surfer Red Tide board.

Care to help out trying to get a wakesurf tournament scheduled in Clermont? I have been talking with the folks at The Wakeboard Camp about it and they seem pretty receptive.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Post Jeff Walker a note on the wakesurf forum if interested.

Talk to ya later, leaving tomorrow to spend a few days in Pittsburgh - my home town.

e
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-26-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Mango,
Boynton is a real nice area, but there aren't a lot of lakes and riding down that way. I was planning on moving there because I have friends down there so I've done a lot of research. There's Millspond in Ft. Lauderdale and Lake Osborne and another lake a little south of Osborne, those are the major ones, outside of that there might be a few small ones here and there, but there's not a lot of non-salt water in south Floirda.
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-26-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Ed, e-mail sent!
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2006, 3:57 AM Reply   
Chase, where did you send an email? I never received one. My on-line profile has the correct address @us.abb.com
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-27-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
Before you move onto a lake, you better check the background on it. Every few years we have drought months and if you don't live on a spring fed lake you can forget trying to get your boat in anywhere or even off the boat lift. More of the private lakes that are outside of the Orlando area aren't spring fed and they will dry up pretty good. Living in the Orlando area means you WILL get alot of lake traffic (I don't care if they tell you it's private-Lake Howell is private and somedays you can't move out there). There are more and more boats out everytime we go, no matter the time of day. Living on the outskirts is better than right in town, but you'll need to do research on the lake's history. You don't want to be living on a dried up hole!
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-27-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Sent it again Ed, not sure what I did the first time.