Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-18-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
With the big selection of boards available, I'd like to try a few before buying a new one. Does anyone know if you can rent them in the Houston (or Austin, will be there this weekend) area? Currently have a Broadcast but want a faster more advanced board. Was leaning towards the IS Black Pearl mainly due to size (fits in racks). I'm 5'10" and 180.

Last edited by tl7; 08-18-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: ht/wt
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-18-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
I am in the same boat. Sail and Ski has two locations in austin. I know they demo boards, but the selection is a bit limited. I would call ahead to see what they have to demo. I can not find anyon in Austin who sells IS. Heading to Houston this weekend to visit the parents, I am gogin to try to find shops around there that at least have differnt boards in stock so I can look at them in person.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-18-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
Check out Towanza

Towanza.com

They are down that way and might be able to help. Ask for Todd, tell him Trevor sent you.

T
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-18-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
Also shred stixx is in Texas. If you are interested I can get you a name and number.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-18-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Towanza is pretty much based in Dallas now if I'm not mistaken, I know thats where Todd is. When Ken was still involved they had someone in Houston.

As Duffy mentioned, Shred Stixx is in Austin.

Like Chris said, Sail and Ski has demos too, but I believe they mainly stock Props now and some of the compression stuff. They had carried SS until this season when SS started selling direct only this year.

ASC is in Austin, but as last I heard Billy Clark had sold the company but I'm not 100% on that

Daryl Moore Marine on the northside of Houston will demo boards. I don't think they have IS though. Last I was up there about a month ago looking at a boat, they had the slingshot wakesurfers and some of the ronix stuff.

Houston Mastercraft, also on the northside, has a shop called wake2wake, they carry IS, and I would be surprised if they wouldn't do a demo deal for you.

If worse comes to worse I know Sun and Ski (Houston) will demo stuff to, but I couldn't even begin to tell you what they may have available

Last edited by bac; 08-18-2010 at 4:43 PM.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-18-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Taft and Chris, I can also get y'all in touch with the IS rep or the Props rep in Houston if y'all need it
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-18-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Brian, please have them email me t.leissner at yahoo.com
Old     (wakeatx)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-19-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Sail and ski has shred stixx boards
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-19-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
here is a thread that has a bunch of feedback on boards that people are riding. I know its not a demo, but thought it might help narrow it down a little.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Give-fe...ion-t3325.html
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-19-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeatx View Post
Sail and ski has shred stixx boards
Yep, they also have some Ronix, Byerley, & Hyperlite.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-19-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
Taft, I'll give them a call and pass along your email
Old     (rustyshredstixx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-19-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Taft, Sail and Ski has a good selection of Stixx Demo's. If they dont have what your looking for hit me up. 512.669.1124