Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-06-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
with all these boat places going under. are they even going to have a boat show this year?
Old    mendo247            11-06-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
Yeah it was really weird seeing Ultimate empty... There has been boats there forever!
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-06-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
WEll just to let you guy know.The norcal boat show are still going to happen the one in pleasanton will be a boat and rv show. as for santarosa I dont know i work it last year but dont know if it will happen this year. Sac show dont know berry palson is gone hammers is gone ultimate well not to far away If any of you are looking for a centurion nautique Regal,proline and blue waters all Repos from hammers if any of you would like one
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-06-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
Coop, is ultimate completely done?
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-06-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
The are still up but on the way out they just filled chpt11 bank rep
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-06-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
This is my take on the boat show.

If I wanna see a sertan boat. I will get in my rig and go to straight to the dealer. They don't all need to be at a "BOAT SHOW". I guess if you had "No Idea" what boat to get then you might go kick tires at the boat show and see what tickles your fancy or what ever sales man blows the most smoke. But I would pretty much figure most people would know what boat they would wanna buy and or look at before going. I guess what Im saying or asking is how many people go to the boat show with a open mind when it comes to buying a new boat. Where in a place Zombie like customer's are just walking around waiting to be Sold on this boat or that. If that is the case the Yes I understand Dealers need to be there to swoop up on all the Zombie's cash fill pocket's Yea It's nice to have all the nice new boats in one place so you don't have to drive all over town looking here and there but like I said I would think most boat buyers know what they want before they get there
The reason I go to the boat show is not for the boat's its the Accesories. That time of year nothings going on and it's fun to go buy some new nick nack's or a new board or rope ect I can always find somthing to buy at the show. IMO the show always had a bunch of small local companys selling their product's/service. These company's and the products they are selling you don't see everywhere. I have seen some weird stuff. To me its fun to have a few cocktails hook up with some friends and go check out the new gear, F" the boat's I all ready have one LOL. What happed to the Dude that used to take pick's of all the Hot MILF's at the show and post them here on W/W Man this place needs some more people like him.

(Message edited by grant_west on November 06, 2008)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
i think the sac show will still be worth going to. the pleasington show probably wont have much marine stuff there. word got out to the dealers on how much they charge the RV guys(marine booth space is $7.50 a square foot and RV booth space is $4.00 a square foot) so a lot of the manufactures and dealers are pulling out unless they drop the prices. as me being a dealer i think its total crap that they get charged way less than us marine guys being its the same show.
Old     (spyderwinches)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-08-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
THE PLEASONTON SHOW PRICE GOT DROPPED TO $4.50 FOR THE THE BOAT GUYS
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Ultimate in Rohnert Park desreves to be empty. I know so many people that got screwed there after the sale. Nothing but good to say about the Pro shop in my experience but I wouldn't let that service department work on my lawnmower. I was not suprised at all. Now MarineMax is Santa Rosa, that was a shock to see them close and they were far superior to Ultimate and had been there far longer. Toy dealers are the first to go in a bad economy.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-09-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
marine max blows. I am extremely glad I never bought a boat from them. When I was there I would have took a searay right off the lot right there if the guy took 1k off the price. He laughed and didn't budge. That is not the first bad experience I had there. Glad I bought my fourwinns from ultimate in livermore. Hope they stay afloat even though it doesn't seem to look good over there. But hey I had the best buying experience with them. Now cope in santa Clara ehhhh. but the service department did a awesome job getting my warranty stuff taken care of.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
so ultimate in livermore is outta biz??
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-10-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
I saw boats in their lot yesterday
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-10-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
ya there donzo!!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-10-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
MarineMax must not "blow" too much after all they are the oldest, biggest dealer with the most locations in the states. And since when is having your offer declined a bad experience? You asked, he said no. Simple enough.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-11-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
Ultimate in Livermore is still open as I am still here. Lets try and not start rumors in an already volatile environment.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Erik are you the manager?

I spoke with a friend who was a salesperson in Rancho and he said all UWS employees were let go, minus the managers.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-11-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
i heard ultimate livermore got hit by an asteroid
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-11-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Awesome.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-11-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Come on Erik...it's the Internet, where Everyone is an Expert and knows Everything!!!

I'm with you...people need to quit posting speculation until the facts are available. Even if Copes does/did/may file BK, there are many different outcomes available to those who know the way the system works.

Again, I am not aligned in any way with Copes...but just want accurate info posted.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-11-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
Actually Jeff, I think it was a giant EGG!
Old     (jeffmx)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Jeff is funny...Especially when he was teaching the SJ Shark to sell Mastercrafts in Pleasanton a few years ago!
Hope you are doing well!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-11-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
so they are going to continue in doing business with just one employee per store or is that what they are going to do until there out of business?
That doesnt seem like a healthy company thats here to stay to me.

they also said a few months back that all is good with the company.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-11-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Nick... yes a few months back all of us thought that we were all good..

erik is still at the shop for now until rebuilding begins or they do close... time will tell.. nobody actually knows what is going to happen

All in all it sux for the industry and the few hard working employee's that were there
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-12-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
We all need to stop being so short sided and take a hard look at what the industry as a whole is going through. Its not a simple as oh well the good ones will stay or find some other shop to work in. People are losing out at something that is highly specialized and difficult; there is no other shop to go to. The industry will lose some of the most talented and dedicated participants because they have to make ends meet by going into something new, if they can find work at all. Not to mention the ramifications for the manufacturers and distributors; if you truly care about this sport and industry we all need to do a little hoping that these large companies and the smaller ones that depend on them for survival can weather this storm.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-12-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
the economy sucks for many people god knows i have paid my dues over the last yr. Its life we must evolve and keep changing or we face failure.

There are many talented people in many fields you have had to make a change, good people will land on thier feet.

anyone see the thread about this at malibu crew many those guys are passionate.

I had very good dealing with Mike, i think he's a great guy and will land on his feet. Theres always a silver lining some were

(Message edited by nsolis220 on November 12, 2008)
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-13-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Thought this thread was about the Boat Show! I have heard two "rumors": one is that they won't have the Show because not many vendors have given them deposits and the other rumor is that they will have the Show because the NCMA has a contract for the Fairgrounds for this year. I've heard that many dealers /manufacturers have pulled out, but some ski boat companies should be there like Mastercraft, Nautique, Malibu and Moomba. I heard they also cut the floor price to try to entice more manufacturers to attend. It may be a very downsized, disappointing show for customers and vendors. Anyone in the industry know if their boat lines are going for sure?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-13-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
I know I won't be there..... I'm not sure the show could get much worse than last year....there was as much water inside the tent as outside....
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-14-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Here is a link to the boat show site. Looks like it will be called the Sports, Boat and RV Show. Jan 9-19,2009.

http://www.ncma.com/ncbsintro.html