Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-20-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
Well it's been alfully quite here. Anyone else waiting to see the new foils? I would like to upgrade sometime soon.
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-21-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
I hope to upgrade very soon. I hope to ride the new V 38, and the new SS pro soon. Plan on riding V38 April 24-26 (if its out ) . I have a dealer bring me one to demo to Pickwick , Tn where I ride and have a small cabin. We are hoping to have a open to public demo day April 25, ( Sunday ) behind my Malibu VLX. Lonnie from cinch max might come up too?? he is the Sky Ski dealer. I'm looking to spend $2000- $2500 for new chair. I want to ride both before I buy. I ride a Air Chair Stealth now. Selling it, selling wakeboards to get cash to buy a new chair !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old                04-08-2004, 6:22 AM Reply   
V38????....guess I've been out of the loop. Who's making it and what's different about it?
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-08-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Airchair is making the V38 (38 inch strut) with some other improvements. Skyski is getting ride ot the cast stut and going with a two piece struct on the PRo model. The also are testing a carbon fiber, 19lbs setup.
Old                04-19-2004, 11:44 PM Reply   
DarkSide Hydrofoiling Company (coming soon)
Soon to build an exculsive line of Carbon Fiber Hydrofoils Carbon Fiber is just too good of a ride to not use...
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-02-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
DarthBradley,
When will the CF be out? I have thought about laying up a front foil to replace my old cast. Just haven't had the spare time to shape a mold. Just looking for some better performace without breaking the budget.
Old                05-14-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
does the v38 have a shock on it?
Old                05-14-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
darth is that a joke or are you serious?
Old                05-18-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
-Another line of foils produced in Arizona (DS Hydrofoil CO), should be ready in the next year or so, but its still up in the air due to the cost of tools, etc... I hear ya about the time to shape, etc. But to tell you the truth, I will NEVER ride aluminum again, even if I was paid! Carbon makes foiling easier and more enjoyable than ever before!

-Not a joke at all. Sky Ski is dropping the idea of a Carbon Fiber Sky Ski, so me and a couple business partners are gathering up wisdom and cash to start the project, stay tuned!
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-18-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
Darth,
I can see a CF strut being harder to design, but the wings should be very easy. I would love to have the option of replacing the wings on my pro with CF. The new billet foil might be in my future, although I would rather get a LE or better yet, a LE strut with CF wings. I would think an all CF would be out of my price range.

Keep it simple - Release CF wings first. Then developing the strut for the current boards. And then the whole cf package.
Old                05-19-2004, 5:12 AM Reply   
Yesterday I was riding my LEX, my second time riding it since I got it last week. For the first time, I run into a sandbar.

Although it hurt like hell, all I could think about is the foil ok. I check it with 0 damage done except for some mud on the nose and foil.

I would worry the carbon ones would crack under that kind of impact.
Old                05-19-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
When Carbon fails it is violent, when metal fails, it is usually a little less violent. I would be affraid if i landed to hard numerous time the wings would collapse too.
Old                05-19-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
To my dismay, I might've been misleading in my posts about Carbon Fiber and MY intent to make foils. If and when I decide to make these foils, I will not sell them! I was just referencing that I will hopefully have a product that is rideable by the end of the year. By doing this, maybe others will get motivated about the technology and product and maybe make their own. However, there is no real way that I would be able to sell foils, nor would I want to, at least till some patents run out and/or some hydrofoil companies go under...
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-19-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Misleading or not, it sure is fun to see the responses in the other forums. Hope you didn't get to many nasty phone calls:-)
Old                05-19-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
NO kidding! People will deny that SkySki is dropping Carbon, but hopefully my saying that they are will maybe motivate them to infact keep on going with the project! We'll see what happens, Im keeping my fingers crossed...