Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-08-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
Finally putting my Toys for Tots Wakeboard Camp gift certificate to use at the end of the month. Looking for some ideas of things to do the weekend before my trip and maybe some recommendations for restaurants or nightlife around the area that i can check out with my wife. We are heading down 2 days early and probably staying 1 day past camp.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-08-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Are you going to the Wakeboard Camp in Clermont Fla?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-08-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Yep! Been looking forward to it all winter!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-08-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
There is a great Pizza place called THE Brick Oven on highway 27 right outside Clermont. There is also a Cracker Barrel on route 50 just past 27 in Clermont.There's a movie theatre next to the Brick Oven.Orlando is about 30 minutes away and Disney World is less than 30 minutes.If you go to OWC in orlando Performance Ski and Surf isn't far away.There is a huge shopping mall across the street from Performance Ski and Surf also.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-08-2012, 6:22 PM Reply   
We have taken the kids to Disney 7 or 8 times in the past 4 years. I am about Moused out. Tammy and I are finally doing something together (without the kids). It has been over a decade since we have gone on a trip where it is just the 2 of us. Looking for something a little more lively and romantic than Cracker Barrel. We definitely plan on hitting OWC on the Saturday when we get in town.

Last edited by Bumpass1; 04-08-2012 at 6:24 PM.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-08-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
You have to go to the Tiki bar on Lake Minneola, I'm sure you will drive past it many times while your at the camp. Great Food and the sunsets there are awesome! I like here in Clermont, so if you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-30-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
You have to go to the Tiki bar on Lake Minneola, I'm sure you will drive past it many times while your at the camp. Great Food and the sunsets there are awesome! I like here in Clermont, so if you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me!
Man you were not kidding about the sunsets. We went by there and it was picture perfect. The problem is that everyone else was there too. We could not get a table or barstool. No problem though. The view was worth it. I actually got some pictures of the sun setting with the coaches from camp riding in the foreground. It was pretty sick.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-30-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
That place is always packed!!! I actually was there tonight! Another awesome sunset and enjoyed watching the camp boat run passes until dark. I wish I had my camera with cause I would have been doing the same thing!!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-06-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
That place is always packed!!! I actually was there tonight! Another awesome sunset and enjoyed watching the camp boat run passes until dark. I wish I had my camera with cause I would have been doing the same thing!!
Pictures are worth a thoushand words.
Attached Images

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-06-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
Awesome picture!