Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-17-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
what is the easiest way to get one?
Old    alanp            04-17-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
ride your a$$ off in comps and be humble
Old    kidrik            04-17-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
Be DAMN good...........which is why I DON'T have one... Sorry I'm no help.
Old     (mnwake45)      Join Date: May 2005       04-17-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
Everything I have ever read says start with local shops and stuff and work your way up. Just ride well at local comps and stuff probably. If you're desparate you could probably make a video of yourself too...but I'm with Rik on this one, I have no experience or a chance of getting one for a while....
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-17-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
From my experience (not as a wakeboarder but as a alpine ski racer) it will be by comps. Its the easiest way for a company to judge who is better then who.

But, For my first ever sponsor (who I am still with...) I researched who the rep was in my area and wrote them one helluva letter talking up my experience.

Good Luck!
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
just get out there and throw down, ride a lot, have fun, have a good attitude, be good with people and start with rididng for reps. make a little video and try to introduce yourself. reps will have you help out with sales, boatshows, and other stuff to help you get your name out there in the company. the more you do for them, the more they do for you. its tough work starting out but it gets way better... the only thing i cant stress enough about is that you just have to have fun and have a good time, thats all its about.
have a good one and have fun shralping up the water this summer.
-kaesen
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-17-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
www.sponsorhouse.com
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-18-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
I've seen many people get hooked up from writing a really good letter.. the hook up never stayed if you couldn't back it up and/or left them out of the loop for too long though.