Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    stormyboarder            08-27-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
Hey,
I am planning on investing in a good video camera that I could make some wakeboarding videos with. I would say that the price range will be $400-$700 or so dollars. I am also wondering what programs are the best for editing the videos. Thank you
Old    smitty98            08-27-2003, 9:12 PM Reply   
Best editor i've heard about on here is Abd Prem. Does some amasing stuff. I'd say its the equivelemnt of photoshop for videos, its made by the same mob.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2003, 2:06 AM Reply   
final cut pro or avid for editing video and if you can, Pick up a sony trv 900. you should be able to find a used one for that price
Old    jzwake            08-28-2003, 5:39 AM Reply   
Final cut, Avid, Premiere and Pinnacle Edition are all good and Higher end editing platforms. They are also expensive, cost as much as the camera price range you specified. If your just making films of you and your friends for fun, try pinnacle studio 8. It's probably the best of the "cheap" editors and it has it's quirks like all the rest. This way you can just edit and not have to learn a software. I think it would be though to get a used TRV 900 for $700, there just aren't many out there to be had. In that range you'll probably have to get a 1 ccd camera. This is not nessacarly a bad thing though. Just remember your goals with what your shooting. Good lighting, Angle, and exposure matter more then what features the camera has.