Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       08-25-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
Has anyone had the chance to ride them yet - any other one of the Shapiro surf series at all?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Yep, rode the Mauka several weeks ago. Really easy board to ride. Big and floaty, but still carves nice. I noticed that it requires more forward weight, but I'm used to smaller boards.

Also rode the Ginsu last weekend. Sweet ride! Every bit as good as an IS Sweet Spot and more forgiving. No pearling at all. I thought all the grooves on the bottom would slow it down, but it was a fast board.

The only disappointment of the boards I had was the surface finish was lacking in quality. But I got ahold of Grindwater and they are putting an epoxy coating on the boards for 2011 to make them 40% stronger and to give them a better finish.

My $0.02
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
My buddy rides the Grindwater Ginsu and loves it. I rode the board as well at 270# and can do it but a little small for me at that weight. VERY impressive board for a 5'0" board. It is really fast and drives like a sports car. But I think they may be a little fragile....

Here is my buddy yesterday doing a 360 on his Ginsu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMIR2VbpAyM
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
just bought a shapiro slaysh ,the board tracks well ,and rides really nice,the only problem is i cant ride it on my small wake(I'm 190 lbs),but behind a SAN i had no problem...my wife who is 115 lbs had no problem on a smaller wake ..for $150 i believe i got a good deal.........
it rode better then my brother-in laws triple x 4"6 slasher
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-29-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
where did you get one for 150? probably used?
Old    ScottRobinson            08-31-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have one (Slaysh) for sale in the classified section.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-09-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
@ Scott, is it trashed, IMO they have not held up at all, glad to see that they are strenghening them up with some IS epoxy
Old    ScottRobinson            09-09-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Mine is PERFECT....ridden only twice. It is brand new and if I didn't tell you I had ridden it twice you would think it was new