Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-21-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
Why do SOME wakeskaters at the cable think it is ok to cut to the front of the line? If you are waiting for a wakeboarder to put on bindings in front of you and there is an opening that's cool, nobody is complaining about that. Why do some skaters think it is ok to cut in front of 20 people.
Old     (kmehrkens)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-08-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
I think it depends on the park. Where I used to work, it was ok for wakeskaters to jump up if they started from the ramp and not the bench. I think the logic is a wakeskater tends to fall more often since the tricks can be harder to land, so they don't ride as many times around as a wakeboarder does, but that logic goes out the door if the wakeskater is good enough and never falls. Cutting too much isn't cool though.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-11-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Why do some wakeboarders think it's ok? Why not say people? We're not here to discriminate against those who choose a more skilled and artistic water art form are we? Or is this part of a secret plan to rid wakeskaters of all the cable parks. I want answers Mr. Melvin.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-19-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Not hating on wakeskaters at all, I wakeboard, skate and surf. I snowboard too. I live in michigan and I am on a board close to 50 weeks a year.
The skater cutting in line question comes up on the wakeboarding forum every few months and I just wanted some insight.
I see SKATERS are the ones cutting 9 out of 10 times. I just want to know why SOME skates think it is ok to go to the head of the line EVERY time?
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-26-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Wow this forum is dead, not one post in a week. Maybe wakeskaters are out riding instead of posting on the internet
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-26-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
Or they're hanging out on a wakeskating site. Maybe ask a wakeskater the next time you see them cut?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
Hey E-snow. Thought you might find this interesting since you are a collector and all (not the board ;P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakeboard-wi...item2575c9d236