Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-05-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Just wanted to let everyone know in case people hadn't heard. Fuel TV's doing a live webcast all weekend.

http://www.fuel.tv/wakeboardworlds
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
How do I watch from a mac? It says I am missing application/m-xplayer2.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Linda - not sure which mac or programs you have but i get an error message as well, but it then opens in windows media player.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
How did brodie do? I missed it.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
J-Rod, what's up! I just missed him by 1 rider. I got on alitte too late. Are you riding this weekend? I'll be out on Vics Sunday.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-05-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
he fell on his last trick of his 1st pass and his first trick of his 2nd pass.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
any one here my shout out!? lol

Chase from Toronto!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-05-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
How about that big spin by Reed!!!
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-05-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
Brodie started pretty good but then fell at the end of his first pass and the beginning of his second pass. They said he was on podium though.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-05-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
Did you just see the O'Ryan 900 faceplant? Wow! Guess he did the trick later on but the vid guy was taking a leak and didn't switch the vid over to the run! :-)
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Nice to have the webcast, but keep the camera on the riders!!
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
When is WWA going to catch up with the rest of the sports? No instant scoring, Ams riding with Pros, not enforcing their own rules cause they don't want to hurt anyones feelings? Is the competition community that small, that they just don't give a sh#@t? I know most of the people that are on here don't ride in these big comps, and parents that are on here don't want to shake the cart. But come on, get with the times.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-05-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Headhunter- What happened as far as the rules?
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
HH99 for being a rep in the sport all you do is seem to knock the sport you make a living in. Kinda ironic huh?
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
Not ironic! Trying to make valid points, and get some change. One: Scores should be posted prior to the next rider. As far as I know, this is the only sport that doesn't. Two: If you compete with the Pro's in Comps, you have declared yourself Pro. Three: If the Sanctioning body says don't throw tricks after a certain point on the course, don't, or be disqualified. Don't sit there and threaten the riders and not follow through. I'm not knocking anything, just make the right decisions, and stick to them. If it's all about money and image, do something to better it, and good things will come. People are losing interest, there's no incentive, it's the same people at every comp., has been for years. The first thing I heard from folks watching the webcast was where's the scores? You have to get the public excited, competitors excited, they are just going through the motions. Ironic?
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-06-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Reed just kills it!!! This live webcast is honestly the best thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
This webcam is awesome, on a usual king of wake on fuel they will show rusty [a lot.] soven, jd, lariche, clifford, butler, friday, and bits and pieces of everyone eles. I just watched sharpe ride!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-06-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have heard nothing but great comments about the web cast. How many people would like to see World Sports and Marketing do this at all stops next year. I think the best thing is that all the riders get to be seen by people who never get to see them ride at competition. Sponsors get huge coverage to a world wide audience they might never reach. I am sure that it would not cost that much more to add this type of coverage at each stop. Something a few additional dollars from each sponsor would cover. Maybe send some emails from this page http://bonniercorp.com/contact.html
Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-06-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
yeah it's been great being able to tune in when I have a few extra minutes during the day. I would definitely like to see this done for more events and everyone else I've talked to has said the same.
Old    walt            09-06-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
The live feed was GREAT ! It was all most as good as being there.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
they should for sure do this at every event. this is the best idea ever cuz not everybody can make it to the event and now all the enthusiasts can tune in and see the action
Old     (jcortis)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-06-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
LOVED THE WEBCAST!!! Do wish they'd tell you who made it through the heats, tho. AWESOME commentating by Dano, Nick & Balzer - THANKS!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-07-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
Congrats to my riding buddy Ben Watts taking the 9 and under division at Worlds. We webcast in this morning to see him stick his tanny, bs 3, and a squeak away from pulling out a TS roll to revert.

Way to go Ben!
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-07-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
cant wait for the wakeskating finals today!!! come on Reed!! throw the finger flip!!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
HE missded the finger flip, but managed to tumble around and barefoot away! It was pretty sweet!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Loved the webcast, it was great! I would love to see an archive though... it's hard to stay glued to the computer all day. missed some runs I would have loved to have seen.

Dan-O and (insert other MC name here, I'm sorry I forgot!!!) did a fantastic job as always!

-S
Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-07-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
The tumbleturn out was the sickest and most stylish things i've ever seen done in a competition. Bonus points in my book for sure!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-08-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
I don't think I'll ever go to an event again. It's nice to sit in air conditioning and watch from home!
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-08-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
I agree with you Steve!

My employees hated me this weekend, all i did was sit in my office and watch!