Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (deadger)      Join Date: May 2007       07-24-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
so i am looking at 2001 M/C Maristar. My main concerns here are in regards to the Wake that this boat can throw. I know it will not be a comparable to a X-Star, so sacks would need to be added to the rear lockers and maybee another up front.

Does any one have any ideas what the Hull on this boat is comparable to in the "X" line of M/C boats from that year?

Or is this more of just a ski boat, that is a decent but not "good" Wake boat?Upload
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-24-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
You can get a good wake with the boat. I would add 2 450lb sacs in the rear lockers and a 750lb bag up front in the locker or the bow. It is a very nice boat though. How many hours are on it and what motor does it have?
Old     (deadger)      Join Date: May 2007       07-24-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
ryan......it has 230 hours..and Indamar 310HP
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-24-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Its just an X10 without ballast. I have HEARD that the 10 throws a very nice wake.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-24-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
edgar, I have a this same boat. It will throw a GREAT wake, it's all in how it is weighted. And a great wake is all in the individuals perception. I have the Triple KGB. It's good, but it needs more. I add a 400lb to the walkway and sometimes a 350lb infront of the rear seat. The wake gets real beefy then and solid!

Ryan H pretty much nailed it. Get some 450-500lb sacs for the rear compartments and a 750-1000lb for the ski locker. This should give you enough for a few years.

I would also recommend a re-prop. Talk to your dealer about the amount of weight you plan to run...then get a prop better suited to that weight!

The 210VRS was the same boat as the X-10 model of that year with a few minor differences. Graphics, tower, ballast and dash amenities, but it's the same boat as far as hull and is concerned.

Feel free to email or PM me. I have done a ton of work on mine over the years.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
buddy has an x-10..i can tell you that with *stock* ballast, i cannot stand the wake..i just hate riding behind that boat..i dont know what it is..but like some of the guys above said..im sure if you weight it out right..youll get what you want..but personally..i havent had the best experience with the x-10..just my .02
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
It will throw a nice shaped decent wakle for sure with some ballast. Won't have the same kick as say and X-star or X-1. It is comparable to the X-10.again just without the wakenboard graphics and amenities

The wake is probably the most rampy out of the MC line. It can get meaty, but just doesn't quite have the kick that the X-Star and X1 have. All in personal preference. So if you can ride behind it give it a go. I personally don't like my buds X-10 as its too rampy., but I will never turn down a pull. I just prefer mine a 2000 X-Star/current X1. Tons of room in that boat though compared to mine

Def need to get a new prop as well if it has the stock one on there. Go acme all the way. Just threw the 1235 on my boat HOLY #$%^ what a difference with ballast. I am on plane with 10 peeps and full ballast in no time. I ride that twice a year maybe, but loaded it up to check it out and see what it could do and WOW!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
It's definitely rideable. It'll make a decent wakeboard wake. I could get our 2002 X10 wake big (replaced rear tanks with 700s and added a side sac under both bow cushions), but couldn't get the firmness I had grown to like from of the 205v hull (now X1).
EDIT: Rider in 2nd picture is riding a short line (was just learning W2W).
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by phat in cincy on July 24, 2007)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-24-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Edgar,
Ignore all this and just go out and ride, your really going to enjoy the new boat. Best of luck.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
After reading KG's post, I re-read mine and realized I could be coming across negative on the X10/MS210. That's not my intention. The wake is definitely rideable! That's what the pics were to prove. We had many good sets behind ours and many good times in it. The X10/MS210 is a boat that does many things well.

As with anything, you have to be the judge as only you know what you want and will be happy with.

Again, sorry if I came across negatively.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
I can second KG's wake. When weighted properly and a few ppl in the boat, and he has it dialed in let me tell you, the wake is NICE! It's a very nice boat!! Good luck with it.