Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-24-2013, 4:20 PM Reply   
Birthday present from my wife an kids!!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-24-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
You'll love that thing. I have two and can not stop using them.
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-24-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Now just need to find the right settings for wake boarding
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-25-2013, 6:28 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/user/micbergsma

Check that guy out. so many gopro tip videos itll take days to watch, plus he is awesome
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-25-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
+1 on micbergsma's videos.. also http://abekislevitz.com/ (he shot a lot of the promo stuff) and visit the various gopro user forums.

another recommendation (that I got from mitch's videos) is big kahuna leashes.. don't want to lose the new toy!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
What's everyone's opinion on that wifi remote? I bought the black edition for the fancy remote. My plan was to use it for motocross, and mount the remote to my handle bar so that I could pause/record on the fly.

However, in my experience, the battery in the remote is good for 20-30 minutes of use, which is about 1/4 of the life of the camera battery. Did I get a bad one, or is the remote really that much of a failure?
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-25-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
mine has only been good for an hour at most. Frustrating more than anything. I actually went with a tower mount and digital video camera more most of our filming now. I still use the GoPro on the back of the boat and on the nose of the board while surfing
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-25-2013, 12:13 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-25-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
I've never used the remote.. no reason to use it with the Black. It has built-in wifi.. so grab the phone app and you get all the functionality of the remote plus you can see what you're doing. Having wifi on burns some battery, but batteries are cheap - get the wasabi 2-pack + charger for like $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-B...bi+gopro+hero3

Last edited by biggator; 04-25-2013 at 7:47 PM. Reason: added link
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-25-2013, 7:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
I've never used the remote.. no reason to use it with the Black.
I use mine all the time, all the Hero 3 Editions come with "WiFi". The App works great, but there are certain times when the remote can go places your iphone can't!
my remote battery is great, it seems to last a few hours. Despite the few bugs here and there, I am extremely happy with my GoPro 3 Black Edition.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-26-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
I think the remote is a bit useless, at least for most users. The majority of buyers of these kind of cameras will have an iOS or Android based phone that can control the camera.

In my opinion they should either ditch the remote to lower the Black Edition's price OR include the LCD touchpack instead. I ended up getting the LCD for my Silver Edition since you can do playback through the app, which is a big bummer.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2013, 8:27 AM Reply   
I can't think of an example for wake or Moto where you can use your phone and the app to control the GoPro.
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-26-2013, 2:29 PM Reply   
Any suggestions on what size sd card to get?
Old     (zenxteninc)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-22-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
I like the remote.. with my setup you can actually start and stop, change modes and get pics from the boat while the rider does their thing. Super nice..

Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-22-2013, 10:35 PM Reply   
Nice footage.. How did you set up your rope mount?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       10-23-2013, 5:06 AM Reply   
Anyone used the studio 2.0? My MP4 files won't load into it for some reason. These camera's are awesome, figuring them out isn't too tough either but the editing part could be easier. May have to check those links above today.
Old     (zenxteninc)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-26-2013, 8:46 PM Reply   
I have been prototyping a rope mount the last couple months.. I dont have a boat so there are some progress issues due to lack of lake time. I am looking for some early adopters to do some testing of the setup for me.. just message me if your interested I will need video and feedback so I can tune the setup in.