Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Anyone on here with a Saltwater Series MCX in an X1?

Trying to order one, but getting word that it is not possible due to space restrictions in engine room -- I find this very hard to believe.

Anyone have one or seen a closed cooling/saltwater series MCX X1, please post.

Thank you.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Dont think they make one... X-Star, X-45, CSX I believe, and maybe another but thats it I'm pretty sure.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
Not the full saltwater series boat. Just looking for the fully closed cooling MCX engine.

It was an option in 07 catalogues -- now the claim is they "don't fit"? The engine box on the 205V has to be one of the longest ones out there...
Old     (bullit4888)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-29-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I have a fully closed cooled crusader 6.0L in my X15 and it fits fine. Plus the read sundeck on the X15 is quite short. Much shorter than an X1 I think
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-29-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
I think the space issue has more to do side to side than front to back. The 6.0L has never been an option in the X-1. The additional space needed by a closed cooling system and/or fresh water strainer would be pretty cramped.
Old    00wakesetter            10-29-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
I dont think MC would just say that. Im sure they would love to sell you a closed cooling system. If you want it that bad buy the boat and put it in yourself.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-29-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
It appears that you can get the RTP1 with a fresh water cooling system from the factory. My buddy runs a 2006 X-1 with the RTP and about 1700 lbs of ballast, this set up with 5-6 people works out well, though I would reprop his if it were mine.

The MCX has quite a bit different intake, air filter and different manifolds so this may be part of the reason it will not fit in the boat.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-30-2007, 4:33 AM Reply   
Frederik...what happened to the X-2?
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-30-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Dan -- it never really seriously was on the table.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-30-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
Well, that sucks. I thought I was going to get an opportunity to ride behind one! (yes, it is all about me :-) )
Old     (driver_dad)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-06-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
For what it's worth, my X-15 SS came with the Crusader 5.7L, 330hp closed loop system which I believe is standard.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
i've seen them on RTP's with the coolant resivor in the back were their should be tons of room. You could always order it with out and add on an aftermarket setup. San Jaun Engineering is a seattle based company that i have worked with before and make closed cooled systems for lots of different applications. They dont make a premade set up you would have to do the leg work and fidure out what parts were needed. You could talk to boat yards instead of the dealership and see if they have any adise as they do work on saltwater boats more then fresh.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-06-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
fb, guess you'll just have to buy a X-Star!!!
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Thanks all for input. I am still puzzled as to why factory doesn't want to do it. I now have from a very good source that it can indeed be installed on the MCX on an X1 w/o problem.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-06-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
fb, the factory doesn't want to do it b/c the MCX is an indmar engine. MC uses indmar for freshwater cooled boats. MC uses Crusader (I believe PCM) for their Saltwater Series boats. Giving you a SS boat with an MCX would probably violate some kind of agreement MC has between the engine companies.

(Message edited by lionel on November 06, 2007)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-06-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
The indmar saltwater series is an option on most of the new MasterCrafts. I worked last year at a MasterCraft dealer and we had a couple X-15's and a couple X-30's with the MCX with closed cooling. Not sure why MasterCraft won't install it on an X-1 with the MCX though.

FB, did you drive an 07 X1 with the RTP and the MCX. Indmar changed the RTP for 07 and gave it sequential fuel injuection or something that made it a better engine. I believe that this RTP pulled better out of the hole than the old one. We had it in a few X-2's and it did completely fine. If you were puting an extra 1500 punds or so in the boat you might want to reprop though.

(Message edited by polarbill on November 06, 2007)
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-07-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
for 2008, MC stopped using crusaider engines (PCM) and now will only use Indmar engines. At least thats what my dealer told me when I ordered mine.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
Indmar salt series is standard on all MC SS models. There is no such animal as a SS X1. Closed cooled is about as close as you can get, but the SS has a lot more than closed cooling.
Composite motor mounts, SS shocks, hydro steering, sealed wiring harness, underwater anodes etc.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Yes, but I wasn't looking for the whole deal. Just wanted a fully closed cooled MCX w/ closed loop cooled risers dropped into an X1. (It is my understanding that MC doesn't offer any closed cool unless they are SS series engines.)

(Message edited by fbroen on November 07, 2007)