Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (992crew)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-01-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
I just got a new pair of Watson's and the screws used to bolt the plate on to the binding have some sort of blue stuff on them that make them very difficult to screw in. Does any body else have this problem? I had a pair of last year's Watson and the screws where very easy to put in. This blue stuff is probably to make the screws lock tight, does anybody have a solution to make them easier to put in? Thanks
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
I had that and you just have to screw them in tight.
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-01-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
yeah man I had the same problem with my shane 07's and it actually messed them up and had to send them back, they are rediculously hard, my advice have a construction worker put em together lol or use a big phillips.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       05-01-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
you could always dissolve off the loctite
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
It is threadlocker and is there to help. If you're having problems take a wire brush and take the threadlocker off the bolts prior to assembly.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
yea its called loctite so the screw doesnt shake loose..i had no problem putting my screws in maybe some coats of it are thicker than others
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-02-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
Same here... just take off the blue stuff a bit, that will help.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-02-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
yeah they are hard to get in. I got mine in and went to take them out to adjust the plate and only 2 of them came out the other 6 just spun the inserts in the boots. Going to be sending them back.
Old     (992crew)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I will try to take some of the loctite of.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-02-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Yea, I think it's a necessary evil. The older bindings with the plate had problems with those bolts backing out, in turn they would either break, get lodged under the binding between the plate or give you the scary mary, binding falling off the board feeling!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-02-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
If you take the loctite off, I would put some liquid Loctite back on as you screw them in. My buddy had some of the original Sphynx's with the FAST plate system and he had to tighten those screws up periodically. I also saw one or two nasty falls that happened after the screws came loose. Crashes where one foot is still attached to the board and the other isn't are very scary. They finally broke for good. I am glad to know that LF decided to ship the newer ones with Loctite on the screws to start with.
Old     (seattlewakensnow)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-02-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
some of the inserts are hard to get those screws in. An easy solution before you strip those things. Re Tap those inserts, go to any local shop and they should hap a tap available in the right diameter. Keep that lock tight on fa sure. Good luck
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-02-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
I work at a wakeboard pro shop and have put many of these together. The easiest way has already been mentioned, use a wire brush of some sort to scrape some of the locktite off. I would also recomend screwing the screws into the bottom of the binding without the plate on first, this will help take some locktite off and also it's easier to see if the screw is going in straight.