Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                10-31-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
well im 16 and im starting to wake board so yeah i have no idea on what i need to do to do this im soo lost i tryed to but i dont know if this is right im doing it to be close to my dad so yeah i need help and some info so yeah in there is any advise on what i need to do please help thank you !!!}
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       10-31-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
Lol nice haloween colors! Not sure if you meant em or not, but hey they work! First of all are you looking on learning just how to get up or are you wondering about the board or what? Have you already gone out and tried? We need some info girly!
Old                11-01-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
well thanks for commenting well anyways i need info on the hole thing really i mean i see people doing it all the time and every thing but i dont know really what to do like the board sizes like how do you know that and stuff i tryed to get up and every thing but i was tried of falling lol so yeah so i hope that can help you help me lol
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-01-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
How much do you weigh and how tall are you? Board size depends on that... as for getting up... you should just let the boat pull you up, resist the pull a bit, but not too much, and when you're up, put forward whatever foot feels more natural. And thats it! Let me know how it works out
Old                11-01-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Really, I think one of the greatest things is the video Detention, with Shaun Murray. It (plus my husband and friends) helped A LOT.

For boards, you are definitely going to need to post your height and, round about, weight. Binding placement is really what is going to be comfortable to you. Many people will tell you that what you have done is wrong, and you HAVE to do it a certain way. Just remember to take everything with a grain of salt. While I would advise to consider everyone's advice, remember that comfort is key.

Oh, once you get up, if you drop the hand that is on the same side as your back foot, you'll find this puts your body better in line with the boat...until you find your form.

Good luck!!!
jesi
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       11-02-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Stay crouched down while in the water with your butt as close to the board as possible, have your arms relaxed. Let the boat pull you up. Once your on top of the water (you should still be crouched down) let whichever leg feels more comfortable go forward and then stand up. Just keep your butt to the board while getting up, stay relaxed, and don't stand up too quickly.
Old                11-03-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
thank you guys soo much you dont know who it is no one rally wakes ant my school but i have a lot of friends that have boats and that will come in handy i really like this talking thing it is so help full i found a borad i think it is a it stares with a h and i know there is a y in it i just kcant think of it wat kid of bord do you have?
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Wowzer! Not trying to be mean, seriously but maybe check over what you write after you type it! That took me a few readings to get! But, it sounds like you have a Hyperlite board. I have liquid force. Good for you, you'll have a lot of fun. Sucks that it's getting cold though!
Old                11-11-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
well i dont have one now but i might get one for x-mas