Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-15-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
How many of you ride without the center fin. It just seems like a very long center fin. And also, do we need to fill the holes?
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-15-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
I use a .9 fin.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
I use a 1.0 short base for the center, but I'm thinking of taking it out.
You don't need to fill the holes with anything.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-18-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
When I first started riding my Balance I rode without the center fin. It made doing surface spins a little easier.

However, I have been really focusing on my edging this season, trying to get comfortable with a bigger pop. I put the center fins back in and it has helped tremendously with my edging, thus giving my more pop off the wake.

I suppose it's a preference thing, being what you are more comfortable with for your riding style?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-18-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
I took them out on day one, and never put them back
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-18-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
i am coming over from an absolute. i figured out it was too small for me and moved up to a balance 143. the absolute was pretty loose.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-18-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
i busted my front center fin off riding doubles and rode with one for a while. i couldnt even feel the difference when i rode switch so i took the other one off too. it seems like one less fin to get caught on sliders.
Old    jchamlee            07-19-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
I ride my Balance w/o center fins and love it. It gets a little squirrely in chop though.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-19-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
your not edging properly if you have to have a center fin. you shouldn't need it at all....i am riding the Omega without the center fin and I can edge just as hard as the next guy. The Omega has tiny molded fins....i mean super tiny.
-Nate
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-19-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
yeah, take the center fin out and you will know right away if you are using your edge or using the fin.