Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old    walt            09-04-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   

quote:

Isn't this what discussion boards are about is opinions?

Yes, when the opinion is on topic and relevant to the thread.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
"I understand this thread is about them and again congrats to them,"

As I stated.

"since Chris came on"- Dam you Chris for forming and voicing your opinion. Only your positive opinions or opinions that agree with everyone else will be accepted on here. No more opinions that are not of the WW majority.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-04-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
whats the point of an interview anyway? its not like reading what two girls that are really good at wakeboarding do for fun off the water, how they get their courage, what ice cream they like, etc.. is going to make any of you any better.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
Kalen how dare you say something like that? You will be an outcast on WW forever.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-04-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Upload

good point. i guess everyone should continue arguing about it.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-04-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
ohh yea...almost forgot...what projects do the girls have lined up for next year???
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
this is alex scagliotti and i go ride w/ the hoff's all the time ive seen them take slams that would make me come in the boat, but they just suck it up and keep going. they deserve the PR they've received. i also agree w/ chris and would like to see the other girls mentioned get some recognition. i met nicola last week at worlds and she's an awesome girl as well as rider. and getting 3rd in the world won't hurt as far as getting some attention.

i want to know who the hoffmans favorite coach is?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-04-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
"When you read threads about the Hoffman girls it just reads to an outsider that they are the only girls out their doing anything for womens wakeboarding."

This is getting ridiculous, if someone starts a thread(s) about some person they admire, male/female don't you think it's rude to turn that into a discussion to complain, in some thinly veiled manner, that some others may not be getting their "just" due?

If Nicora or any other girl is killing it throw up some video/pictures whatever and tell everyone at wakeworld about it. I recall watching a video featuring her somewhere the other day and read about her accomplishments at the worlds - good stuff! Why not post a link to that vid here if it hasn't been done already.

I certainly have not been shy about posting up video and pictures of my kid, I figure if no one's interested they won't bother to watch or respond (and a few times no one has LOL )

If the people around here are biased towards certain riders it's only because there is usually a relationship there not because of some hidden, ulterior motive to squelch publicity about anyone not from Califiornia.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
This is becoming a high school spat. People are pointing out that Chris had a typo in his profile, saying totally rude remarks to Chris, and pointing out how this will hurt his daughter. This is crazy. Because Chris had the courage to say what 2000 other people are thinking, he is an a$$. As Chris said earlier, you would think he disrespected the Pope. Here is a few ?s that I would like someone on here to answer without being smart. If these are your beliefs then validate them with a resonable response like we are all normal people on a discussion board.
Here they are:

Randy-they will push woman's riding to another level. How?

Terry norcalrider- do the competitions and where you place really mean anything? Then why attend if they don't mean anything?

Joe- how many 15 year olds do you know are stickin' tootsies? ts bs 180s? switch heel 3s? how many of them are girls? Hasn't Dallas had these for years now? When have these been landed in a comp? Dallas has had these tricks when she was working with Mike F and just hasn't needed to throw them to win a comp.

Rod-The parents are absolutely embarrassing! How because someone is typing his opinion and everyone doesn't agree?

Peter t deltawake- while they may not have invented women's wakeboarding, they are daily reinventing women's wakeboarding, and I for one am pretty impressed by what I see from both of them. How are they reinventing it please elaborate?

Terry or Evan-You're going about getting your daughter attention in exactly the wrong way. That is why the Hoffman's have been so successful. They let their riding do the talking and their parents have never pushed their presence here or anywhere else. Let it go.... Just be glad there are girls out there pushing wakeboarding." 1. How is Chris looking for attention for Nicola? Nicola's riding does & will speak for herself. 2. Their parents never pushed their presence... because there are 500 others on here doing it for them.

Rich Dykmans- Having to drive probably the equivalent of the length of florida and still being the first ones to show up for a 7am video shoot 3 years ago says it all in my mind. (with no guarantees the footage would even get used BTW.) Who wouldn't do this for the exposure? If the girls are so grassroots I'm sure anyone would drive from CA to FL for video footage.

Josh- now everytime i see the results from an event and i see the name nicola butler i'm not going to remember how good rider she is i'm gonna remember you and how big of an idiot you made yourself look like...your story is a good one but not one that hasnt been heard before... Josh not everyone knows Chris' story so please tell everyone what he gave up for his daughter to have the opportunity that she does all to look like an idiot in your eyes. Also since its a story that has been heard before please tell us who you know about that has gave up his entire life, walked away from a sucessful business, and moved to a completely different country where he knew no one for his daughter to have the chance to excel in her sport.

Benjamin- It is nice to see you also agree that Josh's remarks were uncalled for.

Alex Scagliotti- It was nice of you to post your feelings. You could have easily stayed away.

Rich- after reading your last post, where did Chris cry for attention for Nicola? He even said "Forget Nicola. This is not about my daughter" And I'm pretty positive Chris doesn't have a beef with the girls (Hoffman). He just said what many many people are thinking and just too scared to say themselves.

(Message edited by wkbrd on September 04, 2007)
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-04-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
I can see both sides of the story. After being on this site for years I can say that on these boards there are a lot of West coast groups....CIE etc....It seems to me like there is some sort of wake related event every week whether its a CWB demo day or just a tourney in the delta or in cali. These groups.....CIE etc.....are involved in these events and decide to post on the events. Thats where i think a lot of the PR from cali comes from. I mean look at where the top posters on the site are from...Umali...Jrod...etc....from cali.

Im from texas and when I think of wakeboarding i usually think of lake shasta or the delta with a group of people like CIE in the crusher. I think this site and its maker focus on Wakeboarding in general but the boards have a lot of focus on cali...bc the bigger groups are from cali...Seeing Rich dykmans post above reminds me....if it were not for a couple of post on these boards I would have no idea who he was but bc of them i know that they go friggin huge and have super style.I hope all this made since...I have a ton of respect for these girls and all of the others that try to push their sport!

A question for the girls would be...
How much time do you get on the water a week and is it with family or other pros?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-04-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Well to answer my part of your question Jim: a lot of people wouldn't and didn't including my son, he was in bed sleeping that morning and he wasn't the only one who went from a major section in the original Delta Sessions video to a severely reduced part in Delta Sessions 2 (which was the video you mention above) because they wouldn't or couldn't make the effort that summer.

He also missed, that morning, a photo shoot that Garrett Cortese had set up for Derek Cook, Jimmy Wolf and himself about a half mile from my house on the Delta.

The end result is I've seen shot after shot in both mags over the years of everyone of his good friends but you won't see one of Chris. Guess I should complain along with you now that I see the Hoffmans are getting their pictures in the magazines but Chris still isn't.

I'm sorry my friend but you don't have a clue, it just doesn't come to anyone that doesn't go after it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
Jim T, in response to your question to me "how will they push woman's riding to another level" It is my opinion, knowing their work ethic & commitment to the sport that we will continue to see progression from the Hoffman girls. This in turn will push the other girls to push their riding as well, it's all good for the sport, again that's just my opinion.
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Jim T. My answer to your question would be the fact the thread was titled The Hoffman Interview and Chris came on spouting about what his daughter was doing instead of posting a simple question. It is simple..ask a question of the Hoffmans. Thats all. You say Nicola's riding does and will speak for itself...then let it. Again simple. As far as supporters, this website is predominately used by west coast riders so of course we are going to know a bit more about the Hoffmans just as you on the other side of the country know more about the east coast riders. Put up an address for a website frequented by east coasters and post about those riders. Again, simple.

As far as the competitions not being that important...in the big picture of life they mean absolutely nothing. Anybody out there know of any well known riders that don't do well in competitions but can throw down with the best of the competition riders in a free ride session? I bet we can all come up with some names. I know of a few that haven't ridden comps for years but are still talked about not because of their accomplishment on the circuit but because of their style and the soul they showed when on the water.

I'm out, this went way beyond overboard. Somebody please ring the alarm!!! Happy riding to all.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
Rich- Seriously I am not complaining about their PR they are getting. As I said earlier any positive PR for women's waakeboarding is great. Again I am not complaining about their video or photo in mags. Any exposure anyone brings to women's wakeboarding will only help promote their sport and the other women will also benefit from this. More PR means more $$$s. Someone said maybe even on this thread that some riders will always get more PR than others. Same as some riders will always make more in contracts than others. This is true and no one is complaining because of it. I think the only point is alot of people make it out that these girls are reinventing the wheel or doing something above and beyond that no other top competitive woman/girl in their sport is doing. Just someone justify that statement because it has been thrown out numerous times in this thread alone. Again I mean absolutely no disrespect to the girls in this and I hope if they are reading this they understand that this is not directed at them. I do not know them but I am sure they are very nice girls. You can not have so many people tell stories of how nice they are and be an a$$.

I'm sorry my friend but you don't have a clue, it just doesn't come to anyone that doesn't go after it. Rich no one is asking for a free handout. On a side note why didn't your son get up?
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
Randy- Fair enough. You are correct, if they continue to push other girls will have to step it up. Also very good for womens wakeboarding in bringing more PR from where it matters SPONSORS. (not being smart)

Terry- The first few posts of chris didn't even mention his daughter. And still I do not think this had anything to do with his daughter. Ever.
In the big picture of life... this is true but how many sponsors put up money to go freeride on your own lake or whereever else? I understand its not about the money in the begining, but it is now. Ask the Hoffman girls if they would rather ride for fun or get money for it? When you get rewarded for your efforts monitarily then contests do matter.
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
There you go Jim...a question..Would they rather ride for fun or money? Now we are back on track. Thank you.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
jim, i'll give you dallas landing tootsies, but i'm not quite sure about swhs3s and tsbs180s (not saying she's never landed them...i seriously don't know).

my question to you, besides raequel, is there another girl out there with whirlys, moby dicks, crow mobes, 5s and 7s in their tricklist?
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
Joe- I will give you Raquel on that for her age. However with a few of the younger girls coming up that are working with Mike daily, in 3 years when they are 18 maybe- now no. Isn't Amber the only other one to land 7s female wise? I think Dallas a few years ago had everything minus the 7 but also had a Pete? Thanks
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
not sure about dallas having a pete, moby and crow mobe, either. i know dallas had been working on crow mobes before her injury though.

also, afaik, leslie kent has been the only female to land pete roses. raequel will be the 2nd.

yes, amber's the only other girl to land 7s.

(Message edited by dakid on September 04, 2007)
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
info came from Mike so maybe im wrong. said when she quit working with him she had all that but never needed it. As I said I may be wrong or misinformed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
eh, i could be the one that's wrong. either way, by no means am i suggesting that raequel invented wakeboarding, but to have a moby and crow mobe back-to-back in a comp run is pretty impressive, even for a male rider.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-04-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
haha that was pretty funny Terry.

What trick do you fear most?..... or better yet, do you fear any tricks?
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
Thanks Antbug...just trying to help Dave get some interview questions.

Question-if I ride with a pink rope and handle like you will it help my riding? never mind, I know the answer, it didn't help one bit!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-04-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
tim...i'm not saying what he did isn't worthy of some sort of recognition...all i'm saying is i know a few ppl who's parents have pretty much started all over so that their kids could pursue what they loved...not necessarily in wakeboarding but in other sports like baseball...yea i'm sure we'll all hear about his story some day too...and i'm not arguing that it's a good one but again....isn't that what your parents are supposed to do? i know mine did...

but anyways...nicola pretty much rips...hell she's better than most of the ppl on these boards...so i'm sure its not a matter of if but when her time will come...i hope she has a long career and does great things...
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 11:02 PM Reply   
Josh- Chris doesn't want recognition for himself or self generated recognition for his daughter nor is he trying to get sympathy for what he did. I was the one that mentioned that when someone said about embarrasing fathers. Thanks to everyone who replied and I'm not stirring the pot but I hope by your answers you kind of see the others side. You don't have to agree with anyone but also we don't have to jump on someone because their opinions are not 100% what we feel or believe.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-04-2007, 11:03 PM Reply   
Jim T- Regarding:

"Peter t deltawake- while they may not have invented women's wakeboarding, they are daily reinventing women's wakeboarding, and I for one am pretty impressed by what I see from both of them. How are they reinventing it please elaborate?"

Watch the video of Raequel doing the 7. Tell me if you have seen another girl do as clean a 7 as that, and even getting in the last handle pass. To me, that is reinventing the sport. I, like many others on this thread, have watched Raequel and Shawna come up through the ranks over the past several years. Like Randy says, they are pushing the sport, and I say that they have the potential that any time they ride, they could bust out another big trick. You haven't seen the last of their progression. They will continue to land bigger and better tricks. Another example of reinventing the sport- I believe Raequel was the first to land a handle pass mobe in a national level competition.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
peter, i think christy smith was the 1st to land a handle pass mobe (back mobe) in a national level comp.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
Peter-maybe not reinventing but yes very clean and thanks
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-04-2007, 11:25 PM Reply   
It's ready, but we've got to put up a couple of other items first, so look for it next week.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-05-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
I like the Colts.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Ahhh...I can't read anymore.

Chris brought all of this on when he suggested the Hoffmans are getting more credit than they deserve with hype. He upset their local supporters, shame on him.....so flame on.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-05-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Here is a question for the Hoffman Sisters,

"What do you think of all these adults acting like kids on this post?"

Most of you guys are giving this sport a blackeye with all this BS, IMO.

Congrats Girls, for some well deserved props for your hard work!!! And yes, I am from Florida...

(Message edited by Byrd on September 05, 2007)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-05-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
I hate to keep this subject off topic any longer than need be. We all have our own opinion on the matter. IMO.. the reality is that these girls are charging hard with a very positive attitude. Like Joe said, there isn't another girl out there with the pure number of technical tricks that Raquel has learned this year alone. If they keep progressing at the same rate they'll be amazing competitors in the years to come. It's also impossible to knock these girls because of their personalities. They're both great girls. Always positive and fun to be around. If other girls aren't getting the same exposure, then shame on them. Apparently they haven't impressed the right people.

In terms of the west coast bias..... Whatever. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but when our riders out here are doing well we like to share. It's like a big family around Nor-Cal. Everywhere we go there is someone who knows someone, whose ridden with someone else..... We do this for the passion of the sport and because of that its grown into a huge family. Maybe that's just the way it is out here.

Oh, BTW.... I couldn't care less about who does what in a comp anyway. That's just not what wakeboarding is about for me. Maybe I'm not even the right person to be commenting in this thread.

My congrats to the girls.... You know you've made it when you've got haters. LOL!! Incidently, rack this post up. One more for the PR machine.
Old    K.B.C.            09-05-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
This thread is great. Reminds me of those clips you see on the news of parents getting in fist fights with little league coaches and umpires.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-05-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
being from TN, i see what chris was saying. however, i think it came across wrong and was just said in the wrong thread. it has now been SOOO blown out of proportion that comments/impressions like the one above (Scott K.B.C) are the result of it. not trying to single Scott out since there were many of them, just giving an example.

i dont think he was "hating on them" at the beginning. he was simply stating a fact, which he mentioned multiple times......that wakeworld is giving them tons of PR.....which it is. nobody can deny that. is that a bad thing? not at all. however, chris wasnt saying it was a bad thing either. read what he wrote. he just feels like there are lots of good riders out there that dont get PR like people from CA do because how well wakeworld helps to promote them. read for yourself.....this was SOO blown out of proportion and i think most misunderstood chris' comments.

congrats to the hoffmans and everyone else who has succeeded at what they do. which is another story all in itself....."what defines succeeded?"

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 5:33 pm:

Young riders? Raequel is 19. They have the best PR machine working for them I have ever seen.If I didn't know I would have thought they invented womens wakeboarding.

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 6:07 pm:

Take it easy buddy. I have no reason to be bitter. They have the best PR in wakeboarding.Whats wrong with that? No need to get hysterical

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 6:32 pm:

My daughter is friends with both of them. They have a great PR machine.What is the problem??? I had heard about them about a year before we met them.Again,what is the problem?

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 6:42 pm:

By the way David my daughter is 15 and podiumed at the last 2 pro events.One of those being the Worlds.I know exactly what the girls are throwing down in competitions

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 6:56 pm:

I am sorry I said anything.Last thing then we drop it. I know people work really hard and I know the Hoffmans are really dedicated but wakeboarding should,like any other sport,be results based.By the way I voted for Adam Errington as rookie of the year (in the pros).

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 5:32 am:

Ok. I think I got it.How does anybody know what other girls are"throwing down"?Thats my argument. Its not posted so how do you know what they are doing?This is scary.Its like I'm badmouthing the pope

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 7:18 am:

Forget about my daughter.This was never meant to be about her.Anybody heard of Raime Merrit?? She consistently throws down Raley's,wrapped KGB's and heel and toe 5's. She is 14 years old.What about Victoria Kulp who won the Nationals in Junior Women with limited sponsorship? Their names deserve to be out there. That is all I am saying.What is wrong with that?

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 5:59 am:

Hey Natalie,I wouldn't say too much if I was you.Its cool.The comp results over time will speak for themseves.Ask Dallas,Amber, Emily.............

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 3:30 pm:

Hey CIE, for the very, very, very, last time. This has nothing at ALL to do with my daughter .You are about 4 days behind. Think you can let it go now.ALL of us on the East coast have got the message. LOUD and CLEAR. OK??? What do you want from us .Sackcloth and ashes?

By Chris Butler (xistential) on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 4:43 pm:

You have got no idea what I've sacrificed to give my daughter her chance. Anyway thanks. I'm also done

(Message edited by mossy44 on September 05, 2007)
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Matt- This is exactly what I've been trying to say for last couple of days and no one gets it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-05-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
No we get it, but you dont get it, this thread was for questions regarding the Hoffman girls and thats it, so if you dont have a question to ask for the Hoffman girls, then dont post, its that simple, start another thread if you have something to say thats has nothing to do with the thread!!!!!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-05-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
I was going to stay out of this, and I should but I just have a few things to say.

Jim, I think that the ppl do get it. What you guys don't get is that this was not the place to do it!! Go start a new post. This is for the Hoffman girls. The reason the West Coast is standing up for them is we know them, we are friends with them, we see them every weekend, and it sucks to see some people come on here and bring all of this off topic crap in to this. They are, no joke two of the coolest ppl you will ever meet, they work hard, and have great parents. IMO they should get credit. A few years ago the West Coast was dead. PPL/riders like them are bring n it back! Congrats girls.

Please don't post this crap on this topic any more.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-05-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Oh you beat me to it. Work always gets in the way. I need to put a sign on my office door when ever I start a post, so it does not take me 15mins to get it done..
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Kong and EVERYONE else- Nobody wants to start a thread and bad mouth the Hoffman Girls let alone any other wakeboarder. We all understand how nice they are WE TRUELY GET IT. However please point out someone that has a name like the Hoffman's in this sport that isn't nice. Thats our point. Almost everyone in this sport, or on this board is nice. Also no need for ?s the interview is done.
By David Williams (wakeworld) on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:25 pm:

It's ready, but we've got to put up a couple of other items first, so look for it next week.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-05-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
since the interview is already done, i suppose it doesnt matter if i say this.

like i said in my very first sentence above.....it was said in the wrong thread. however, the "hating on chris" was not originally about it being in the wrong thread. it was about his jealousy. thats all i was defending for him because i didnt feel those were his intentions.

i agree it was the wrong thread to do so. i also agree that the hoffmans deserve everything they have received. i also agree that there are others out there who are probably just as good but dont get the exposure. i also agree that the hoffmans are progressing the sport. i also agree that this thread should have gotten back on topic a while ago. i have kept up with it since it began, but i was trying not to post. i think i will now exit the twilight zone.....doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo (thats supposed to be the twilight music )

(Message edited by mossy44 on September 05, 2007)
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-05-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Mr Williams - Please just delete this thread
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-05-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
I'm not deleting the thread just because some people have tried to use it to further their own agenda at the expense of my thread. Whether those people's point of view is right or wrong is irrelevant. THIS THREAD WAS 100% THE INCORRECT PLACE TO VOICE IT! I encourage those people to start another thread and discuss away!

Now, let's please stop the tangent on which we've gone off and get back to the original point of this thread. Despite the misinformation above, the interview has not even been started! Please post your questions for the Hoffman sisters so that we can get their interview going. Thanks to everybody for staying on topic from here on out!!
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-05-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Questions for both sisters:

1) Do you feel like you compete better when your sister is in the same event as you, or when she is not?

2) Did you participate in any other sports besides wakeboarding that helped you become a better rider? (i.e. snowboarding, gymnastics, etc.)
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       09-05-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Which was scarier, jumping off a 180 ft bridge in the dark with rubber bands tied to your ankles or watching your sister and mom jump off into the darkness?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-05-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
i landed my first toe back 180 right after i turned 14.....

i dont understand why everyone thinks their so hard...
Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-06-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
Terry (norcalrider39) on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 6:48 pm:
Which was scarier, jumping off a 180 ft bridge in the dark with rubber bands tied to your ankles or watching your sister and mom jump off into the darkness?

What is this all about? Now they're bungy jumpers too? Crazy...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
"i landed my first toe back 180 right after i turned 14..... "

good for you.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-06-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Caleb,

Hopefully you learn to land another new trick soon, it's called "humility" Upload
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-06-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Question -

If you could learn three tricks (think magic wishes), what would they be?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
I didnt mean to come off as a jerk when i said that, really, im just curious why everyone thinks its so hard...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-06-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
it may be easy to you, but from a technical standpoint, it's the hardest 180 there is.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-06-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Caleb -

nevermind. you are only 15.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
It's the most painful for sure... I caught a ton of back edges learning it, and i still do sometimes...

thomas, go ahead and say whatever you wanted man, if i cant handle criticism, i shouldn't be here in the first place.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-06-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Wow i just opend this thread to read what questions everyone had, but man o man this is pretty.....ummm crazy? Fun to read the last few mintues at work . But i will second or third or fourth the fact that the Hoffmans are awesome people and i think its really cool that Dave is doing an interview with them.