Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (nvp_ca)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Here's the situation.

Upload

This weekend (5/4-5/6) we are headed to the houseboat on the Delta. The problem is we don't have cable or a satellite and don't want to miss the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight on Saturday night. We can't find a local sports bar in Stockton or surrounding area who is hosting such a party/viewing. Any and all suggestions welcomed (and to those who say go home and watch it, we are coming down from Reno).

Definitely looking forward to the fun at Lost Isle...Sacrifice Virgin Jose Cuervo Drink Specials! Sorry to the Deltians who are headed up to the CIE Spring Ride, have fun! www.ciewakeboarding.com/

Thanks,

Nick
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-30-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
...ufc is better

but seriously, if you can't find it, record it may 5th and watch it the 6th.... not much you can really do that i can think of
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-30-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
does lost isle still party on the 6th? day after cinque de mayo.. we were going to head to the CIE Spring ride on Sat but wanted to party on the delta on sunday. any ideas?
Old     (nvp_ca)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
You can always count on Lost Isle to be open and serving their Famous Mai Tai's.

Our houseboat is just around the corner at Turner Cut, so we are frequent visitors.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-30-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
You might give Garlic Brothers a call
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-30-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Nick, does Lost Isle usually still have a big crowd and fun on Sunday the 6th?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
I'm going to the CIE event and I'm in the same situation. Looking for how far I need to go to watch the fight.
Old     (nvp_ca)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Isaac - You don't see a HUGE crowd on Sunday, usually just the people that hit the water for the day who stop in and then the leftovers from Saturday.

There is normally a DJ out there, nothing extreme. Nothing like a 3 Day weekend Sunday.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       04-30-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Its supposed to be 69* this weekend. I wanted to go out for Cinco De Mayo at Discovery Park in Sac as there will be a ton of bands playing but that temp sucks. Oh and rain this week too. This weather is sooooo frustrating.
Old     (nvp_ca)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
The weather should be clear by late Saturday afternoon. It won't be HOT but it will be nice.

Also, there are plenty of alternatives to keep you warm: Whiskey, Women and Carrying On!

The further South you go, the warmer. Just saw a post that the water temp is ranging from 67-71 degrees. Works for us.
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-01-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I want the meskin to win!

I hope mayweather gets humbled!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
just checked the weather this morning and it shows that stockton is in the 80s sat and mid 80s sunday... looks like a killer day to be on the water wherever you will be in the central valley
Old     (nvp_ca)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Brett B. - Not sure if you saw Mayweather's comments about UFC/Chuck Liddell:

"Anybody could put a little tattoo on their head, put a little tattoo on the arm, plus the piercing and go out there and street fight," Mayweather said, invoking nearly every MMA cliche that doesn't have to do with cockfighting.

Then he challenged Liddell to get in the ring against any good heavyweight boxer. "If Chuck Liddell beats him, I'll give him $1 million out of my own pocket ... Most of them guys, they couldn't make it in boxing, so they had to turn to something else. So they dig all of this different type of fighting up."

Hilarious!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
WTF?? Lidell would kill Mayweather in less than 30 seconds.. I can and cant believe Mayweather would talk that much smack..That guy is seriously asking for an a55 woopin