Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-07-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
Hi All,

Could someone please give me the high level overview of the Nautique Super Air models... I previously owned a '05 210 TE but was forced to sell it. Now i am looking to purchase again, but it looks like CC has renamed boats with different model names for different years etc and im all confused... What changed in what years, etc.

210 - I'm good up to '06 , whats the dirt on '07-'10 ?

220 - Is this a "crossover" or what is it? Only a few year product run it seems, hows the wake?

236 - Someone said this is the same boat as the 230?? I'm confused.

230 - I understand this is the new flagship model. Anything else to know?

I'm not interested in any "crossover" hulls etc, I want a mean wake like the '05 210 had. But I am also interested in a slightly larger boat than the 210 so I want to understand the other model options.

Thanks!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-07-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Nick,
I own a 236 and it is in fact the same hull as the 230. It was introduced as a crossover in 07 and CC realized its true wake potential and decided to market the boat as a hardcore wakeboat (230) starting in 08. If you are in the market for a 23 footer don't hesitate to look at the 236. The only difference between a 236te and a 230 te is a few stripes in the interior and the prop. The Crossover 236 has a less torque prop where as the 230 comes with acme 1235 standard to push a ton of weight.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-07-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Also nothing is going to produce a wake just like the old 210. All boats have a more rampy wake and less of a trough. Nothing will give you the full on kick like the old 210. The 220 is very sensitive to side to side weight. The wake is great if you can get it dialed. The seating area design is hard to get used to and is probably the reason for discontinuing the boat. Personally I liked the wake but hated the seating. It seems the 220's can be had at a decent deals.
Old    mojo            03-07-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
New 210 is only one close to old 210, but wake is mellow compared to it. Interior is huge also. You'll enjoy the extra space. 07 had an interior flaw. 230 wake is washy.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-07-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
When the 230 /236 is properly weighted the wake is awesome. There is a constant wash at the upper crest of the wake. It is more of a mental challenge than a rolled washed over wake. The lip stays constant and the foam does not effect pop at all. The 230 needs more weight in the nose and mid ship to keep it clean. I think most peoples first mistake with this boat is filling 450's in the rear locker. We ride mine with stock ballast rear and center. Then add a ski locker sack, and another 400 center to front. If you have too much weight in the rear the 230 wake will not clean up.
Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-07-2011, 8:49 PM Reply   
So what's the details on the "new" 210? It sounds like that may be what I am interested in - similar wake yet more interior space...

What year was the start of the "new" design? 07 but stay away from that year? What was the flaw with it?

So either 05-06 or 08+ for the 210? What else changed for the "new" 210?

Thanks!
Old    mojo            03-07-2011, 9:01 PM Reply   
06 started throttle by wire and jabso impeller pumps for ballast. 07 new hull and interior aka beam. I'd say find an 08 or 06. I like old wake kbetter but new interior is so much roomier. Tough choice
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-08-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Only difference in the 07 & 08 is that the rear bench in the 07 comes out a bit, where the 08 is flush with the port and starboard rear backrests. Thats all.
Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Only difference in the 07 & 08 is that the rear bench in the 07 comes out a bit, where the 08 is flush with the port and starboard rear backrests. Thats all.
Thanks! That is it? I noticed that different in pictures I have been looking at but figured there had to be something more than just the rear bench. I agree the '08 being flush is much nicer, but if an '07 can be had for a better deal its just a bench after all.

As it seems there are lots of '07 for sale, but I have only seen maybe one '08 listed anywhere - and it was overpriced...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-08-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Yeah - thats the only difference. I actually like the layout of the 07 becase it leaves a cubby on the rear of both sides of the rear back rests. So if you have 4 people sitting across the back - the person on the far left and far right have their own cubby like space and are not touching the 2 people who are sitting in the middle bench(they arent shoulder to sholder). I specifically like that layout for that reason.

The advantage for the layout of the 08 - is that you can lie down straight across the back .
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Also prop rotation changed from the old 210s to the new models so you get a better surf wave on port (reg) and when in reverse you drift to starboard. The new 210 is not as steep as previous hull, but wouldn't say it is a rampy wake.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-09-2011, 5:53 PM Reply   
I have a 220 and agree on most comments. I got a 220 because the 210 interior was too small and I couldn't afford a 230. I like the seating options and the give a lot of options to set the wake.