Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-20-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
I want new tower speakers. I currently have the infinity set-up: amp 125x2 and speakers. I would like to get something that is lighter and louder using my existing amp. I would like to have wetsounds pro60, but they are expensive. Any other options that will perform better than the infinity speakers and be lighter. Also, with can speakers and the wetsounds can they be mounted on the vertical portion of the tower instead of hanging down (custom bimini coming soon will hang down). Thanks for the help.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-20-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
You could try the KMT6 from Kicker but they are not in the same league as Wetsounds. What about running more power to the Infinity speakers?

Buy your new amp first, run it to the Infinity speakers, when they blow up buy the new speakers.
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-20-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
I am looking to reduce weight while adding clearer sound. The infinity speakers are tanks!!!
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
The KMT6s are very light relatively speaking. If you use them for their intended purpose (i.e, for the rider), then they should fit your needs. I would not rely on them for in the boat sound. For that you need your in-boat speakers and sub(s).
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
You should be able to mount the Wetsounds upside down at least with the Pro60s. They simply have a fixed clamp that uses allen bolts to tighten which you should be able to get tight enough to mount upside down. Pro60s can be bought used here the forum for pretty cheap. Two years ago i bought two pairs on here for $750 in the late fall and then sold one pair for $650 so I paid roughly $100 for one pair. Just look around on the forums and you should be able to find a set for something reasonable. I have been very happy with my pair and they are light so dropping the tower is no problem for me to accomplish by myself.
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-22-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
wetsounds
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
Well, I put a lot of thought into my tower speakers and if it does not have the HORN tech into it you are just putting car door speakers on your tower. I did it right the first time and put Pro 80's on tower..and WOW! worth the extra bucks My 2 blow any 6X9's out of waterUpload
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-22-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
If you don't want to spend the cash on the pro 60s you could drop a couple of pairs of wetsounds XS-650s in cans. I did this last spring and so far have been really impressed with these speakers while riding. Even though they are non-pro audio they scream.
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-23-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
pro 80 you go cheap now you will always want more do it right the first time save money in the long run
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-24-2009, 1:46 AM Reply   
can the wetsound speakers be mounted sideways off the vertical portion of the tower rather than hanging down??
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-24-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
Clotus,

The Pro60s do not have rotating collars to correct for an angle. So if the vertical rail is straight up they'll work with the standard collar. To address an angle you can custom order the Pro60s with the Trick Connect collar. At that point the cost is roughly the same as the Pro80s.

One pair of Pro80s with a moderate four-channel amplifier in the bridged mode and delivering an honest 200 watts per channel will definitely get the job done. I would prefer this over multiples of inboat speakers in pods.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-26-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
i have 90 watts a channel and i can not turn it all the way up
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-27-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
I can lower my tower by myself easily, it is an Monster MT1 and Kicker KMT6 tower speakers. I really like them, music is plenty clear wakeboarding. $250 vs $$$$$ how can they afford it??
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-27-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Jason O, Beautiful Boat!!!