Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (gr8white)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
hey guys just thought i would ask you guys for your opinion here i saw a 2001 mb sports 220 inboard for sale for a decent price with 230 hours on it. i am looking for a nice roomy boat mainly to wakeboard behind but nothing serious just a nice roomy boat to go out and have fun with so whats your guys opinion on this boat?? thanks guys.
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
Only thing i have seen on these boats in the shop is that the electrical is sub-par
mainly the ballast switches are just garbage
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-10-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
I had an 01 190plus (same boat minus 1 1/2ft) and had no major issues with it. I had the ECU go bad and a throttle cable broke. The ECU was a recall from the manufacturer. Other than that I cant think of a single issue I ever had with it. I bought it with 350hrs and sold it with 750hrs. Very solid and reliable boat. Unless its a b-52 there won't be any factory ballast so no switches to worry about.
Have any more info on the boat or pics?
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-10-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
I have always thought they were good looking boats.
Boarded behind one once, it was fairly new 05 or 06. I was disappointed in the wake, it was weighted pretty heavy but kind of small and mushy.
It could have been the way this guy set it up, I'm not sure why it was so small and soft.
You might want to take it out for a spin and let the owner show you what it can do.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-11-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
I have an 03 220. Got it last year w/260 hours on her. Like above the only problem I have is the left ballast fills up without me hitting the switch (will get that figured out in the spring). Other then that, it's very roomy and it's perfect for the family.

(Message edited by Moon on March 11, 2009)
Old     (gr8white)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
Yeah it says it has a 1" cut on the engine cover, and damage to the rear seat whatever that means and its on a single axle trailer with under 200 hrs it says and he wants 17k firm.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-11-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 MB B-52 and it's a great boat. Sure I'd love to have a V Drive or the DD but it's fine till I ever get to upgrade. I haven't had any major engine issues with the boat. When weighted down my boat can still throw a pretty damn big wake that I am happy with. I have only had the Alternator serviced and needed to replace the ballast impellers but you won't have that issue not having ballast. You can see my boat under my profile.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-11-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
^^^^ Dave, what lake is that in your profile? It's Beautiful!!

(Message edited by ixfe on March 11, 2009)
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-11-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
ix you made me look. I would sell my house, business, and wife to be in that setting. I will keep the kid, you always need a third. Dave awesome spot.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-11-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
you should be worried they are great boats!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-12-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. That's Chilliwack Lake in BC,Canada. It's Glacier fed so it's pretty cold even in the height of summer. We were the only boat wakeboarding that day. The 3-4 other boats on the lake were fishing. The lake is a bit remote so not a lot of people/boats are ever on the lake.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-14-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Go for it!!! MB's are the most under rated boats out there.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-14-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
I was at the SAC boat show yesterday to look at CC/BU/SUPRA/SANGER but got distracted by MB. I would have never expected it. The TWB was a great boat in the show room! If the wake is good (not rampy; not hard to build), that boat could be mine. Time for a test ride!