Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       07-05-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have a 2002 mastercraft X10 and i am forced to ride at 65 feet behind my boat. when i go on another boat, say a nautique or a sanger i ride at 80 feet and still shoot 10 or 15 feet into the flats. Is there anything i can do or am i stuck with this. anyone else have this problem.

also the wake is really really rampy and i dont always get perfect pop off of it. any suggestions for this. i use all of the kgb ballast system full.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-05-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
You can speed up some. If you want a little more vert to the wake, you will need to weight the back more, that might give you some more kick.
Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       07-05-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
yeah i try to ride faster but its gettin up there. and then it shortens the wake. and i if i weight the back much more than the front perfect pass freaks lol
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-05-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
Wider beamed boats produce wider wakes, maybe some others will chime in that have experience with this particular hull. Otherwise, keep working on your edging technique and just maximize what you have.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
go out instead of up on the MC... on the sanger and nauty.. go up instead of out... sounds like your mechanics are off.. how is your technique?
Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       07-05-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
i win and place at the local WWA competitions. and its hard cuz some tricks require that ollie edge with the straight up pop.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-05-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
The maristar based hulls require a descent amount of weight for them to get to a normal sized wake. I ride behind a maristar on occasion and it's a different feel, but still ride 85 feet as I would behind my x1 or my buddies x-star. If you are only using the factory, I'd toss another 1500 lbs on top of it and you should be okay.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-06-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Run at 25 mph and add about 1000 ibs of weight, mostly in the rear, and you should have more of a lip to your wake. But, you may still need to ride 5 to 10 feet shorter than say a SAN.