Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-16-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
Has anyone else had their ballast tank pump on a 03 Super Air Nautique fail?

I just picked up my new boat (team edition), put it in the water for the first time on Sunday. Everything was great until it was time to empty the tanks. Belly and starboard tank emptied PDQ, but the port tank wouldn't empty.

A little investigation found that there was no sign of life from the empty pump. It took me a little while to realize that the pump is fastened to the bottom of the tank in what looks like an impossible place to get to. Do you really have to pull the tank to change that pump?????

The boat is brand new so this is going back to the dealer to have them fix it, but I am wondering about the future.

I was also surprised to find out that you HAD to use the pump to empty the tank. My last boat, 2000 Air Nautique, the tanks could be either emptied of filled without using a pump. It would take a lot longer, but you could do without a pump, which was good because I had two fail.

The '03 SAN has the fill pump connect to the top of the tank, and the empty pump dumps out above the tank level so there is no way for water to drain out of the tank on its own. You can still fill without a pump, but if the empty pump fails you are going to have a full tank until you fix it.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
Rod,

That was a change that CC just made and yes, it's going to be a nighmare trying to replace those pumps. I haven't pulled a tank yet so, I don't know how difficult it'll be for the dealer.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com

For sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
hey don't worry,
there is like 2 bolts that hold your tank in. if you wanted to, you could un do those 2 bolts and disconect the over flow and the tank will flip over to where you can get to the empty pump. a 5/16 nut driver, heat gun and BAM you have your pump out 15-20 min. tops. all the pumps have plugs on them for power if you folow the wire back far enough... email me if you need any help..
peace
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 11:42 PM Reply   
Before you do anything, check your wiring and, circuit and switch. I have had four pumps go out and only one was bad, the rest were caused by one of the above. I don't have a Nautique, but I think this would be a place to start. Could be a five minute fix.