Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    oscarc            09-19-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
Just got my new cover from Covercrafts.com and it's perfect, high attention to detail and great people to work with. Anyone in the market check them out.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
oscar
how much did you pay for the cover?
I have one that came with the boat...but they recommend that you don't trailer with it on

I would like one that can be used while trailering
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-19-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
I need a new cover in the delta area for my 2000 VLX. Anyone have a recommendation?
Old    oscarc            09-20-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Cliff
These covers are made for trailering. No trailer straps or poles either, very nice. You should contact Covercrafts.com to get pricing because they are doing some kind of special. Check out this pic they sent me:Upload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Oscar
thanks for the input and the picture
I emailed them and got a response this morning
thanks
Old    oscarc            09-21-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
No problem Cliff, I hope you like your new cover. I found some reviews on their covers on "the malibu crew" web site, for any one else interested in a great cover.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-21-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
are there straps in the back to keep the cover taut?
Old    oscarc            09-21-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
there are straps in the back along with padded "hooks" along the sides and a rope that goes under the rubrail. With the tower openings it takes me under five minutes to put it on, and it's very taut. I highly recommend this cover for anyone who trailers.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-21-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
They quoted me $815.95 today.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
same here Craig
$815.95
Old    oscarc            09-22-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I'm not sure if that's good or bad for you guys. When I was shopping around the closest comparable thing I found was $900. And the people did not take any time to answer questions. The service at Covercrafts was out standing. Ultimately the service is what helped me make up my mind and when I got the cover and put it on, my decision was confirmed.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-22-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
It seems reasonable, but it's not "some kind of special"

Rankin covers are $850... I'd get a Rankin as a lot of people have had really happy with Rankin.
Old    oscarc            09-22-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
The math is simple 850 plus shipping minus 815 with free shipping equals, a deal. Also Cory from Covercrafts used to work for rankin. When I was checking out covers, Covercrafts was less expensive, better turn around time and superior customer service. When you look at the whole picture rankin can't compete since Covercrafts has taken this to the next level. And the "deal" gets better for paid members of "the Malibu crew".
Old     (ronnie)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-22-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
I've had a Rankin for a couple of years, I have friends that got the recently got the Covercraft. My next cover will be from Covercraft.
Old    steiner            09-24-2006, 1:21 AM Reply   
I'LL BE CHECKING OUT THE COVERCRAFT COVER SOON ..LOOKS NICE ..

IN THE MIDDLE OF ORDERING A MALIBU & THEY QUOTED ME $850 ON A STANDARD COVER..TOW COVER IS THE WAY TO GO ..I WAS EXPECTING THE PRICE TO BE MORE

THXX OR THE INFO