Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-15-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
Hello guys, I just came from the River here in Rosario, Argentina and one of my friends ripped the inserts on a fall out of his Hyperlite Vero, the board is a 2002, so should we expect any warranty on it from Hyperlite?
The board is in excellent shape and has never been used in other than wake.
ripped insert
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-15-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
since it's a 2002, and as far as i know, warranty period is 1 year, i'm not so sure they would warranty that.

but, you never know. give them a call and talk to customer service. they may step up and take care of your friend.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-15-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Yes, they will warranty it. Lifetime warranty on boards and bindings.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-17-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
Lifetime warranty on boards and bindings? are you kidding? try one year...

we all wish it was lifetime, though.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-17-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
Sorry Scott. I know for a FACT, it's lifetime.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-17-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Apparently under "normal" use it is...

http://www.hyperlite.com/html/contact/contact_caq_inc.asp

(Copy & Paste... sorry for the CAPS)

IS MY BOARD/BINDING UNDER WARRANTY?
WE HAVE ALWAYS PRIDED OURSELVES IN CRAFTING THE MOST INNOVATIVE AND QUALITY PRODUCTS IN THE MARKETPLACE. ALL HYPERLITE PRODUCTS ARE OFFERED WITH A LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. LIMITED MEANS NORMAL USE. GOING OVER HANDMADE KICKERS/RAILSLIDES ETC. IS NOT NORMAL USE. THE BOARD ACCIDENTALLY FALLING OUT OF THE BOARD RACK IS NOT NORMAL USE. DROPPING THE BOARD ON CEMENT IS NOT NORMAL USE. NORMAL USE CONSISTS OF INTERACTION BETWEEN A BOARD AND ONLY WATER. THIS IS THE SAME FOR BINDINGS AS WELL. IF A PRODUCT IS DEFECTIVE FROM NORMAL USE PLEASE CALL OUR WARRANTY DEPARTMENT AT 800.938.4040.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
Wow, that's seriously stepping it up. I hadn't ever heard of that, but honestly hyperlite and my local boardshop have taken care of any problems that I have ever had with equipment.

That's really cool though.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-18-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
They WILL warranty that board! I had a 2001 Premier...yes, a 4+ year old board and ripped the inserts out this past fall.

Well, I sent the board to Hyperlite and within a couple of weeks they had sent me a brand new 2005 Premier for free.

Now THAT is a warranty!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-18-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
I wonder what would they be replacing this board with since there is no more "universal" boards in this year's hyperlite line up.
Old    kbsmith88            01-18-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
probably a motive.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Easiest way to find out? Call 'em 800.938.4040
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-18-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
Not only is it lifetime replacement, they will also repair for free if it's your fault, like dropping from the rack or dropping on concrete. All you have to do is pay for round trip shipping...and if they can't repair it, they'll sell you a new one for half off retail. It's the same warranty they've had all along. Also, when a model is no longer available, you get the next generation of that board, in this case, a Motive. Scott, you can scratch this one off your wish list and I never kid! j/k

(Message edited by wake_upppp on January 18, 2005)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-19-2005, 12:52 AM Reply   
well...thats news to me...