Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    tattoobling            04-23-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
But, to answer your question I sell silk bathrobes. Both big and small.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-23-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
Ahhhhh......the power of cheese!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-23-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
Kaiser - the Malibu dealer was correct, without the TAPS plate the Tige would porpoise. The new Tige's have a hull design where the "hook" is removed - which is great for wakeboarding. Most boats have a hull design that forces the front end down. That's great for skiing but not great for wakeboarding. Tige's design incorporates the TAPS plate as part of the hull design to allow flexibility in wake size and shape.

Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
Just my two cents, in my opinion Mastercraft is the Camaro of the boating world, most of you really wanted a Vet but had to settle for the Camaro. Do not get me wrong Mastercraft makes a decent ski boat but for wakeboarding it sucks.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
Good explanation Bill. most people cut down TAPS, yet do not realize the hull is designed for the that plate. It is not a normal ski hull with a wake plate added.

Kelsh, I would have expected that comment from Chadna, but you surprised me with that one....

And Kaiser, most of what I put in my Iraq deal were comments straight from Mastercraft, with an added barb here or there..I'll give you credit though, it made me laugh..
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Kelsh-Surely your joking. If you are that's pretty funny. If not that's pretty sad.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
Wilson,

Sorry, I am not joking, like I said just my opinion. On my list of fav wakeboard boats MC rates last. Been behind them all and MC in my opinion sucks. However I have yet to ride behind the new deck boat they have.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
Wilson,
Clarification the boat itself is I am sure ok but the wake sucks.
Old    chadna            04-24-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
Did I here CHADNA????? Let me set the record straight on this whole mastercraft thing. I ride with THE best riders in Mid-Tenn area, Kelsh is one, Niker Sheldon, Chad Hannah, Roger Austermiller and Craig Archer. These guys kill it. I mean big huge tricks, fronts, front rolls, whirleys, 5's crips etc. Not one of these guys owns a XSTAR. Our Mastercraft dealer is awesome too. VLX, Super Air, Pro AIr, and Tige 22v. That being said. We all have a chioce on what to buy, yes weve ridin in the XSTAR many times, even a tourny that was way loaded down, Yet NO ONE owns the XSTAR. Our group is 10-12 boats deeps with 20-30 riiders, still no XSTAR???? If we dont like it, we dont like it. Just like some dont like Tige or Supra etc. I bet any of the GOOD riders that post on here can ride behind everything..........Dont sell me the "Parks and shane ride for Mastercraft crap" Hell, murray did his biggest ralley ever behind a fishin boat. Several of these guys buy new boats every year if not every 2 years. We just dont like the XSTAR, but its is not bad boat, we JUST DONT LIKE IT.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
Ok, $64,000 question to Chadna and Kelsh....why? How is Mastercraft inferior? Why don't you like it? How are the VLX/22v/Super Air boats superior? Just because you can do a whirley and a front roll does not bestow you with superior knowledge of boats, back up your statements with some proof, or at least reasons for your statements. "MasterCraft is the Camaro of the boating world"..lol! By the way, I didn't "settle" for anything, I bought the boat I liked the most. Also, if I had my choice of any car I wanted, a corvette would be very very low on my list....
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
todd,kelsh- That's fine to like whatever you want. I don't care what you ride behind. That doesn't matter to me. I don't care if you hate MasterCrafts either. I just think it's poor taste to say MC or any other brand "sucks". People bash Tige all the time but if you look at my post above I said the boat looked really nice to me. I don't know about the wake because I've never ridden behind one. Even if I thought it was a piece of junk (which I don't) I wouldn't say that. That's just not cool at all. Like I said earlier it doesn't matter what brand you ride behind, if you like it then that's all that matters. Hell, we all ride because we love it. I don't understand the mentality of saying my board is better than yours because it's Hyperlite or Tige sucks or your cd changer is in the wrong place.

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
Who sold the most boats last year? I'll give you a hint look under Todd's profile.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
It doesn't matter if you have a '89 Bayliner or the cutting edge 2003 X Star. If you are out there with your friends ripping it up and having a good time , that's all that matters.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
I like a big wake that pops, I have ridden behind several Xstar/205V's and loaded down with weight and people the wake is still weak, it is like hitting a speed bump. I want a quaterpipe. I do not care about landing 20 feet in the flats if I only get 2 feet high. I want to look down at the boat and see the top of the tower when I do a Raley. I did like the Mc when I was starting out, but at that time I had a I/O. As soon as I started progressing (landing inverts) I knew I needed a better wake. I was offered a promo deal with a local MC dealer and was excited until I rode behind the 21V and knew it was for me even with the wood. (I did however take out a termite contract on it) HAHA I also liked the Nautique SS and the VLX but I have a family so for me great wake lots of room. Tige
I am on my third a new 22V and have no complaints at all. But unlike Doug Xtigeman, I have an awsome dealer SkiHut here in Nashville. As long as you are having fun and are happy with your boat more power to you. I personally do not like MC's wake and that is that.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
Ok, thanks for the input Kelsh. However, it seems that your choice is based entirely on a subjective preference for the wake. That is cool, the 22v has a great wake. I've seen both the 22v and X2 wake and I thought they were very similar actually. However, based on the reasoning for your preference , it seems that your Camaro analogy was more of a flame post than an actual rational opinion. I expect that I will ride behind a weighted 22v this summer and I am looking forward to it. I think you have it right, as long as you are happy, that is all that matters. For example,I'm sure there are many mulleted head-bangers out there who love their camaros, however, I feel those yo-yo's who drive those skiffs with the 800 horse multi blower engines are a group more apt to be slotted in the camaro category, not MC owners.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
I think this boat bashing is a WakeWorld thing. In our group we have A Tige 21V, Tige 20V, Tige 22I, Malibu VLX, Calabria Pro V, Moomba, CC Ski Nautique, CC Sport Nautique, Ski Brendella and a Mastercraft Pro star 190. Everyone is happy to ride in the others' boats. It's nice to have a variety. Who wants to have the same boat as everybody else, I don't. All of us are happy with the boats we have but I don't think any of us are gung ho on our brands. They all are nice boats.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Todd
I just checked your profile and have to say your boat does look good. I like yellow myself so there we agree on something.
Old    tige_joe            04-24-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
Same #......different day.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
Kelsh- That's totally cool with me if you don't like MC wakes. My problem was how you said it that's all. You know we have a bad enough image with fishermen, lake police, etc. without bashing on each other. That's all I'm saying.
Todd-Nice boat, I've had my X2 out about 3 times. How are you weighting it down?
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments Kelsh and Wilson. Kelsh, we also agree that the 22v is a sweet boat, so that is two things, lol. 3puttwilson, (I love that name by the way-seems to be the story of my life), I am still breaking it in so no additional weight yet. I plan to put one 500lb fatty in the bow though, that should be sufficient for my needs. How about you?
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
Todd- That's why my clubs are now in the attic.
I replaced the factory tanks in back with 540# sacs, factory bag in ski locker and 540# launch pad up front in the bow. I also have about 50# under the seat opposite the driver. I have 15 hours on mine so I'm good to go.
Old    groovin            04-24-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Since I started this bashing session, I thought I would pop back in. All I wanted was some honest input about Tige boats that could be backed with proof. So far, all I've heard is a bunch of "my boat is better than your boat" and very few facts. Competition is fierce in wakeboarding as well as boat manufactures, and is what drives the industry forward. It is a little riduclus to bash someone elses boat simply because you don't like it (or can't afford it). Kelsh, got facts?
You probably drive a Camaro!
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
I stand by EVERYTHING I said in my posts as FACTS. IF you notice not one has been disputed during all this BS. Okay, so maybe the night watchman doesn't cut the floors but someone does. That is how it is done. Any takers on disputing any of this??? Sales numbers? Wood content?
Wake is subjective...period; I think we all agree on that one. But construction, materials and overall build quality are quantifiable.
And by the way for those that asked...the new X-Star is just fine thanks!
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
So, when did Shaun or Scott need knee surgery? You talk about the Natique, yet everyone here talks about it's high quality and great wakes (the price and size are the sticking point for most.) You want numbers, who does JD Powers rate #1? Sales numbers? Tige most likely had less this year due to everyone knowing that the most popular boat in the line up was due for a major revision that was supposed to make the wake tons better. I know for sure I would not buy a 2002 when the 2003 is due out in a few months and will be totally different. I would buy the 02 if the 03 sucked,but it was not known when those sales figures were done.

Dude, you slam all the other boats and call those facts?? Malibu has 80's styling?? Never knew tribal flames were 80's (figured neon was though).

Wood content? Are you seriously going here??? The way you talk, construction, materials, and build quality could be subjective depending on which manufacter's process you want to prop up.

BTW, Kelsh drives a nice, new GMC diesel, to go with the wife's drop top BMW. Josh, he said it was his preference that he did not like the Mastercraft, get over it. People have bashed Tige with no evidence what so ever. What facts would you like from him regarding wake? The Mastercraft was too rampy for him, he prefers a steepr wake.
Old    chadna            04-24-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
Josh, you shouldnt have said that..............
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-24-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Todd (chadna)

I still think you have pretty wakeboards. You also have a nice family.
Old    groovin            04-24-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
Mastercraft is like a hot girl in a bar. Most people are scared to approace her and instead talk trash about her. I'm not saying that Mastercraft is the best boat in the world, but for all of you to bash them is comical. Ride what you want, when you want, but don't pass judgement on others. Never once have I bashed any other boat brand and I have only defended my "PREFERENCE" boat!
Chadna, I'll say what I please.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Keith...Scott had the latest surgery last winter. He on his SECOND cadaver tendon...need more facts? Danny Harf, knee surgery this winter...Come on, you can do better than this...can't you?

JD Powers also rates Dodge/Chrysler as number one in customer satisfaction...does anyone believe that; other than you? JD Power is a BUSINESS they sell that list...they are not an independent rating service. Ask Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Bugatti why are they never mentioned??? Must be poor quality and lack of satisfaction. Give me break...JD Power, another nice try, but keep it coming.
Wood Content, yep I'll go there every time...IF it is SO great why is Tige getting rid of it? This awesome new boat you speak of is being built with composite stringers...not Quadrabeam (from the ever popular Quadrabeam tree). LOL

By the way tell your buddy to lose the GMC diesel, by your logic it didn't win JD Power so it must be second rate!

Hey nice try though...just like a Tige.
Old    tigetx            04-24-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
Zedz.... If you look at your Mastercraft sales training a little closer the quadrabeam has nothing to do with XL Marine Panel they put in the boat, but does have to do with the 4 stringers they install in the boat, not 2 like the Mastercraft. As for the XL Panel that they back up with a $10,000.00 gurantee why wouldn't I want it they have never had one rot,degradation,delamination issue in the history of the company, New Boat..$10,000.00 dollars I will take my chances!!

From the industry news publication that you should of seen as well it shown Malibu in front of Mastercraft with sales.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Welcome...first post huh?

I'll send you a copy of the "training guide" so you can understand that the "Quadrabeam" stringer is made from the same plywood as the floor. It is XL plywood plain and simple. And what does wood do (everybody now…come on you know the answer)…ROT.

No rot in the history of the company huh? Did you get that from the web site or the brochure? Please provide the group with an independent source that can corroborate your claim. $10,000 guarantee (notice the spelling please!) huh? I'll give you $100,000 the day you show me a composite built boat with decay or rot!

As to your last sentence...can we stick to Americanized English please? I have no idea what you were trying to say; however, if you are looking at year end 2002 MasterCraft wins...but thanks for playing!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
Dang!! Zedz like the David Koresh of Mastercraft. Hope the ATF can save all his follwers without burning the place down! (It's just a joke)
Old    chadna            04-24-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
O.K Josh, and we will say what we please. Liberals are always one sided...............I dont call saying that "I just dont like the XSTAR" bashing, but if I hurt you feelings......I'm sorry, so go hug your teddy and sleep with your wooby.......

OH YEAH, YELLOW IS FOR GUYS THAT LIKE RICK SPRINGFIELD............WHAT WERE YOU A CHEERLEADER OR SOMETHIN''

(Message edited by chadna on April 24, 2003)
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   

Good one! Sorry, I get carried away. Everyone can (and will for that matter) buy what they deem is the best for the amount of money they justify to spend. And to be honest, I doubt any of us EVER thought any boat would cost this much. But I think MasterCraft takes a bad rap that sometimes they don't deserve. Notice I said sometimes. Just trying to keep it honest here.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
Bad rap? I think that Mastercraft has always had a good reputation for making a quality product. They have been an industry leader and very innovative (especially this year). The only complaint I have heard lately is where are the 03 X Stars? Everybody's ready to see them. I understand that they are finally shipping them out.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
YELLOW IS FOR GUYS WHO LIKE RICK SPRINGFIELD??? WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

I got rid of my Hard to Hold poster and trashed my Jessies Girl 8-track over 7 err.. 3 weeks ago. I am totally over him......I dont like Milli Vanilli or Loverboy either.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
You guys need to let this die! As long as you got the boat you wanted who cares?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
I love the Iraqi Information Minister! It is so funny.
www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612161525
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-24-2003, 7:41 PM Reply   
^------------------------- Shaking his head. WOW....
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 8:38 PM Reply   
Quadrabeam is a four (hence, quad) stringer system instead of the regular two. You can make a quadrabeam system out of fiberglass stringers if you like. Tige just happens to use wood, as does Sanger, I believe.

Has anyone here besides me, ever worked with XL? It really is a great product. Personally, I believe their claim of not having a single case of rot. I left a piece of XL plywood sitting outside for over a year and no sign whatsoever of rot or even warpage. Granted, that is not 15-20 years, but I think it was sufficient time to see some sort of damage or slight weakness. It really is some bad , it's even hard to cut and drill (compared to regular wood or laminates). It takes a little while to get used to. Besides, water should ideally never get to your stringers anyway if they are properly sealed (first, you fiberglass them in, then you gelcoat over it, thus sealing it). But even if it does, I'm pretty sure we will all be dead and gone before it rots.

For the record, I don't work for Tige or own one. I've rode behind a 2000 21V Riders Edition and personally, didn't care for the wake. However, in the boat's defense, it wasn't weighted and I think the driver was going too slow. I'd love to ride behind a new 20V or 22V to see what they are like (hint, hint, anybody in my neck of the woods... ) I always thought their interiors were badass though. Also, I just recently sold my Mastercraft and it was always one of the best built, most reliable boats I've ever seen. I also have an old Nautique that I'm rebuilding right now. I'm putting in a quadrabeam stringer system in it (instead of the original two) and am using XL Marine grade wood. I know it is a helluva lot more stronger (and IMHO, better built) than it was from the factory. Another disclaimer; I'm not saying Nautiques are crap. I really, really want a brand new SANTE. I just think that the materials I'm using and some of the things I am doing are a lot better than what the factory did back THEN.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-24-2003, 9:34 PM Reply   
Fuel, That was a very fair posting you made tonight- one of the very few that is put on this board. I think 90% of the "kids" on this board are just trying to justify the huge monthly payments they're making on their toy(s) and need as much moral support as they can muster. I have to say that I do OWN a TIGE 2001 21 V ( And I paid cash for it) and it's been a good boat. I looked at Nautiques- also very good, MB's - Awesome boats, but not very many dealers near me, Malibu- too light and the workmanship wasn't there but has dramatically improved in the last two years, Mastercraft ( I owned a pro190 for 10 years- a great boat, but the dealer in my area was a jerk-off- he's no longer a dealer... and on and on.My feeling is that most of the product out there today is very high quality - especially if you're paying 40K + . Warranties are superb and it really comes down to the dealer near you. If you have a high quality service department and you like the features, ride and performance of the product, buy the boat and go have fun instead of jerking everyone off with BS comments like a few people on this board tend to make. If you're so insecure about what you're buying that you need to rely on what all of the "kids" on this board are saying then so be it. I'll be on the water enjoying what little free time I get, skiing and wakeboarding my balls off. Anyone who can stand to ride behind my inferior quality Tige 2100 V is always welcome- however, I do I.D.
Old     (fmtpo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 11:19 PM Reply   
horse
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2003, 5:39 AM Reply   
Josh
As I stated in my previous posts, my personal opinion is the wake behind every mastercraft I have ridden behind lately has an inferior wake.
I say this because I have ridden behind most all wakeboarding boats and in my opinion it has the worst for wakeboarding. It would probably be fine for someone like you. (My wife and some of her girl-friends think the wake is great)
By the way I do not have a Camaro. Maybe one day you will be able to drive what I do, for now keep working on that 180.}
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
Zed,
You have actual information that Tige is getting rid of wood? 2003 still has it, when is it going away? I apologize for not knowing Scott had surgery again. If we are using knee surgery as the criteria for a bad wake, then Parks must have been riding behind Harf's Natique, because surely he could not get hurt behind a Mastercraft. I am sure Zane's knees were also hurt behind something else. Not even the point here.
I am not even going into the JD Powers thing. If Mastercraft was rated number 1, you guys would be screaming it from the rafters.

At this point, I'm done. I have my boat, my house, and a life. It's funny to me people get so pissy about Mastercraft getting " a bad rap", yet people bash Tige like it's a sport and see no problems with it.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 6:23 AM Reply   
After a few days I finally got bored enough to read this entire post. Basically the same as always "some boat" vs Mastercraft. Nothing new except some great slams. I like how it turned into car bashing for a while. Rick Springfield - that's great!!!! Leave that yellow boat alone, it looks awsome. All this post needs now is some racial, ethnic, gender, religion, and weener size comments.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
All I want to know is how did Corey Hart get let out of this? "I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can, see the vision right before my eyes…"

Man they sure don’t sing em like that anymore…thank god!
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2003, 7:07 AM Reply   
Rick Springfield ROCKS then and now.
Vanilla Ice was right up there, until he had his a?? handed to him by Willis.

Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
you wanted Jesse's girl, didn't you......
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
You bet...who didn't?

What about Sherri in the Steve Perry videos?
Old    bigd            04-25-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
Doug... HAHAHAHA!!! Perfect.
Old    tattoobling            04-25-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
No Way Man. "She's my Cherry Pie, cool taste of spandex and a blah blah blah". Warrant. That's all that needs to be said.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Keith,
Unlike Josh had I wanted Jesse's girl the song would have been Kelsh's girl.
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-25-2003, 8:16 AM Reply   
Kelsh (brd4fun)

You too have pretty wakeboards and a nice family.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
I am happy, the world is wonderful, all boats are great, Josh is a nice guy,
Jet skis still ????
Old    skionone            04-25-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
Zed - In your long boating experince and huge boat expertise; have you ever heard of Hatteras, Fedship, Azumit, etc.....Well if not these are some of the best big boats on the water and they use the Quadrabeam system in most of their boats. However, they do not even use XL Panel because it is too expensive to use in the size boats they are building. Quadrabeam is a system no matter if you use foam, air, water, cake filling, WOOD, etc....
Take a look at Greenwood Industrys website as far as their warranty and no claims. I think it is in print and should be pretty easy for you to understand.
Heard of Cobalt or Fountain. I'm sure in your books, these are boats that suck because they also use XL Panel in their construction process.
Also, take a look at Malibus web site. They state that, "90% of boats built in the US today still use wood in the construction process." Malibu just chooses to use a hollow system so they can get maximum flex when crossing a wake
I agree with Jeff, Malibu did sell more boats than MC last year. You may want to ask your boss about that!
Lastly, I don't know where you are getting information about Tige getting away from using wood and really don't care as long as they use the Quadrabeam system. And if they are going to quit using wood it is most likely to shut dumb aces like you!
You may consider doing a little more research before you chime in about something you don't know!
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
People....Stop talking about washed up 80's rock stars and hair bands. They were simply a bunch of no talent, drugged up losers who had the good fortune of being somewhat familiar with an electric synthesizer. They had no idea how to use eye liner either. Nobody in this genre had any musical ability.....well except for us.

Signed,

Simon LeBon, Sebastian Bach, John Waite and Dee Snyder.

Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
Bill – I stand in awe of your incredible intellect! Your ability to make a point without resulting to personnel insults is duly noted. My ability to read not withstanding, I’ll attempt to struggle through your suggested reading material. Nope still don’t see where wood is better.

As to Fountain, Azmit and so on…do any of them make ski boats? Most of the lines you refer to make ocean/big lake boats of such size that to build them out of composites is cost prohibitive (big word for you, but try and keep up).

Cobalt huh? Nice job of doing your research! You might want to read this before you open your mouth… http://www.cobaltboats.com/company/construct1.html

Awesome credibility score so far guy…ever heard the old saying that it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are ignorant, than to open it up and prove it?

Come up with a fact…come on, just one???? Oh, and name the source of your sales claims.

Twisted Sister rules!
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
Zedz Dead, I to have a MC though not as nice as yours. I would have to agree with Bill on the wood thing and Malibu's 90% claim. Teak swim platform. That is the only place that wood is found a MC since the mid 80's. I would also like to point out it's "on" it not "in" it.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
We all think putting wood in wakeboarding boat is stupid. Oh, and we all like yellow boats!

Signed,

Eddie Grant, Rick Astley, Tommy Tutone, Rick Ocasek, the guys behind the Miami Vice song and all the dudes from Poison.

Ok, I'll stop.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
Rock you like a hurricane

Scorps rule!
Old    skionone            04-25-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
"The fact of the matter is, 90% of all boats built in the U.S. still rely on wood for stringers, floor, and seat frames."
www.malibuboats.com/sp.asp?ID=40

Market Share Numbers for Septembrer 18 2002 posted on wakeworld
January 1, 2002 - June 30, 2002
Malibu 1435 Up 1%
Mastercraft 1414 Down 2%

"XL Boat Panel stringers are 300% stiffer and stronger structrually than a foam filled stringer"
Level 10 Magazine December 2002

Same magazine article regarding wood in a boat MC president, John Dorton says, "if there's a better way to build a boat we'll do it."
Typical aragance of MC. JD powers sure as hell didn't say you had a better boat! FACT!

Good thing you are so quick to catch me on the Cobalt thing. Guess they stopped using the XL Panel in 2001 or 2002. However, research back and you will see that they used it in their construction process for a number of years and never had one claim of rot.
Other than the BS that Mastercraft prints to get you all excited about selling their product. What do you got?
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-25-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
You guys have the major small man's syndrome. Enjoy what ya got and be happy for what others have. Get over your ego. Half the people that own these tournment wakeboard boats (myself included) can't even come close to using the boat capabilities to their fullest. I'd bet money there are not 1 in 20 riders on this board that have even tried an invert much less land it.

So who cares how big the wake is, and whether it has wood in it, or if you have thousands of dollars in the stereo, or if the observers seat it just like you'd like it? If you enjoy accessorizing, then do it. Make it your sport to customize you boat the way you'd like it, instead of the constant running down of every boat manufacturer out there. There is a time and place for constructive critcism, but from reading someof the respose given on this board so people can't participate in these discussions without it becoming a pissing match.

Go out and enjoy your toy. Isn't that why you go boating? To enjoy being out on the water, making memories with your friends and family, and celebrating the fact that you are blessed enough to afford such a luxury? If you won't be my friend just because I drive a certain kind of boat, then take your snobbish self elsewhere and have fun gloating to your snobbish friends how much better you are than everyone else is. Have a happy and fuly realized materialist end to your miserable existence... alone!

As for me, I'll be having fun with my #1 crew. My wife and boys an whatever family or friends who join us. They are the best and the primary reason I enjoy boating as much as I do.

My spleen feels much better.
Old    tigetx            04-25-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
Zedz Dead... since you are a Mastercraft Dealer maybe this will help you talk educatedly to your customer when trying to negative sell your product.
http://www.wakeworld.com/News/2002/Tige6.asp

As for proof that Tige is going composite Mr.credibility???

Old    calawho            04-25-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
sounds like bill (skionone) might also like to play on one. tommy lee's MC rocks.
Old    groovin            04-25-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
Kelsh, sorry I hurt your little feelings! Come here and give me a hug, everything is going to be just fine. Some day I hope to be a 35yr old getting all worked up over what a 23yrd old said about me. As far as being able to drive what you do, why would I lower my standards? I own a $61,000 dollar boat at 23, I must be doing something right. Don't be mistaken, I still can't even do a 180. Maybe I could get some lessons from a pro like yourself! Maybe if you spent less on the BMW, you could afford a Mastercraft, instead of making excuses to yourself that you got the best boat. It's funny that it's always Mastercraft vs. something else. You who bash on Mastercraft suffer from a severe case of midget man syndrome. Kelsh, I hope you are not taking any of this to heart. If you are I feel sorry for your kids.
PEACE!
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
Josh,
I am actually 36 with only one child. As for the lessons, maybe I could talk my 39 year old wife into helping you out. She and most of my buddies wives can atleast do a 180.
Maybe you did not read my earlier posts I could have had an Xstar promo deal thousands less than my Tige. It is funny however that all my buddies that still have MC would rather park there boats and pitch in gas money so they can ride behind the Tige's, Malibu's and Nautiques. I did not mean to get you riled up. It is all in fun. If I did not have a boat and a buddy had a MC I would learn to live with the wake, but I have been blessed with the means to buy any boat I want so I got the Tige.
I now must quit wasteing my time and make sure I keep the means by getting back to work.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Josh, have you priced an similiarly loaded 22v to and x2? In 2003, the prices are a lot closer than you might think. So no, one is not choosing the cheaper of the two when they go to a Tige.
Wonder why it's always Mastercraft versus???
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
My last post on this thread. Just in case any of you were confused by my last post, I like Tige and think they make a great boat. I could care less if the stringers are made of wood or not. I drove a 2003 22v and it was sweet. As far as the prices go, with the same options, the prices were actually VERY close (within $1000).

Damn, I would have stayed out of this post had my hero err...nemesis Rick Springfield not been brought up. lol.
Old    groovin            04-25-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
Kelsh, I would love to go go with your wife. It sounds like you have been spending too much time at the sausage factory and have a glogged pipe. A Tige filled with a bunch of guys or a Mastercraft filled with a bunch of ladies? hum....let me see! (jk!) It's been a blast talkin with everybody, I think we all agree this post is DEAD!
Keep riding and have a super summer!
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
First of all I’m not trying to sell anything. I am trying to prove why I believe MasterCraft is a superior product.

Second use year end sales data provided by “Soundings” considered in the industry to be the standard.

Level 10 Magazine…now where do you suppose they got that data? John Dorton addressed it, but you choose to call him and his company arrogant.

Wow, I wonder why Cobalt switched from wood to composite construction??? Could it be that composite is better? Or was this more arrogance?

I still could care less about that $10,000 thing…so what? I stand by my offer of $100,000 when you find a rotted composite boat.

Lastly, where did you people learn to write and spell? Educatedly (sic) or aragance (sic)? Enough is enough…I win (it ain’t braggin’ mother*#$r if you can back it up!) Gotta luv Kid Rock!

***By the way I NEVER said Tige sucked, those were your words. I was pointing out construction/manufacturing differences.
Old    bigd            04-25-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
So it's down to criticizing the grammar and spelling now? We must be in the death rattle of this thread...
Old    ridinhigh            04-25-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
boys have a penis... girls have a vagina...
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
So bad grammar and spelling should be the accepted norm? Welcome to a world that accepts Ebonics. Accepting mediocrity…may be okay with you; however, I never have and never will.

First there were typewriters (kind of like wood in ski boats), then came computers with spell check (like composites in ski boats)…embrace the present, it will be okay.

And yes the thread is dead. I already said I win!
Old    skionone            04-25-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
Better be careful Ridin, my guess is that Zed will start a debate the penis is better and girls suck because they have a vagina
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
Josh,
This has been a great distraction on a dreary day. Oh what is a glogged pipe?
Have a great summer. I am sure we will hook up on the next episode of boat wars. If any of you guy's (even the MC guy's) make it out to Middle TN hit me, Keith or Chadna with an email and we would be glad to give you a pull.
Do not worry there is always a few extra women around for you single guy's. (We are not too fond of Sausage Parties either) HaHA
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
Bill – What is your issue? Are you so mentally challenged that the only way you can make a coherent point is to resort to sophomoric locker room humor?

It is truly a great moment to watch a mental giant, such as you, get backed into a corner. The only thing left to fall back on is playground taunting. Nice, your parents must be proud!

Oh and spare us all the “I’ve done this and I’ve done that before I was 25 BS” no one cares, or believes you.
Old    chadna            04-25-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
$61000.......................JOSH you got Fu*& !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    xtigeman            04-25-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
Damn, my hats off to you guys. Thesethreads aree almost to the level of my threads with Hahn and crazy dude that liked to bitch slzp his mother.
Old    groovin            04-25-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
I never said I paid $61,000 I said I own one. That probably made your day. Calm down! I hope nobody paid retail for any brand of boat.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for the comments, Will. I just thought some people might like some information from someone that has actually worked with the product. Oh well...

I agree with you though, people should go out and have fun and not worry about what other people are doing. Life's too short.

Paid cash for your boat? Damn, what kind of implants are you selling?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-25-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
Nice boat mate! But why would you think of spending all that money to go out and run it up the beach? Shame on you....!
Then again, I guess it's not a bad way to add some prop vibration for all those "asses" up in the air.....