Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (rocdog)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
I just spent about 1.5 hours doing searches and going through many postings to find the post that show pics, gives links to places to buy needed parts and so on for adding an additional ballast to the exsisting system. I have seen post here before but can not find it now. There are a few good post on here that I was looking for but could not find.

I have an 07 V215 with walk through and rear locker stock ballast system. I want to tap into the port side rear locker ballast to fill a new bag that will be custom made by Fly High to fill up my port side locker as well as run up the port side under the seat. Want to use my inlet pump, outlet pump and breather tube. Basically tap into all them with new ballast. Any help finding these links would be appreciated. Thanks

(Message edited by rocdog on March 17, 2007)
Old     (rocdog)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Anyone????
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-20-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
Hey Devlin,

Here's a related post on the Malibucrew. If I find something else I'll put it up here as well.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4035&st=0
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-20-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
Here's what I did on the Mighty Centurion. It was really easy to replace the hard tanks with 750 fat sack. Fly High sacs are the way to go, strong with excellent plumbing fitting options.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index....showtopic=17388
Old     (rocdog)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Thank you Matt and Ed
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
hey Devlin,
I have thought about exactly what you want to do. I have a 05 v215. How much weight will your "enzosac" hold. I have started using lead because water just wasn't enough.
Old     (rocdog)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Your right Dennis, it basically would be an Enzosac that I would have FlyHigh build. I am not totally sure just yet how many gallons (weight) it will hold. But I am starting to wonder if it will work the way I was hoping.

I went out yesterday and had a 700lb bag on my the port side bench seat, a 400lb V-Drive sac on the port side back corner seat and a 400lb V-Drive bag in the port side locker. I also had the port side stock ballast filled. That totals somewhere around 1600 to 1800 pounds of extra water weight and on top of that I had either myself or a buddy sitting on the back port corner V-Drive deck while my girlfriend drove. That was another 200lb we will say. I then played with my middle walk through ballast having it empty, half full and completely full. I have no idea what the deal was but I could not get a good surfable wave with all that weight. What is your set up and how good does it work? Getting frustrated with the whole surfing thing behind my boat!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Hey Devlin,
This post is my boat.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/420765.html?1173364772
I fill front stock ballast,Fill stock ballast on either side. Fill one 350 vdrive sac. Stack 2nd 3/4 full. Have 170 lead under sacs in back, 170 lead under side seat balance of lead 160 on floor next to side seat. Speed from 10 to 11.5 400 in people on side and driver