Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-23-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
Just curious who is going, bringing boats and what day people will be arriving. After last summer, I can't wait to get out on that butter again.

Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2004, 10:34 PM Reply   
I'll be there. Black and white Toyota Epic X22, staying at the motor inn. I have a huge crew with me... about 20 people for only one boat!!! (oops). Looks like we're not going too far from the dock... We're taking up 6 rooms at the motor inn.

I'm arriving about 9pm Friday, staying through noonish Monday. First trip with the new boat...I'm excited.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
We won't be going with the boat this year, but I'm thinking of grabbing the boy for a day trip over to visit.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
What's up Cliff? Afraid that Hemi won't make it over the pass with the boat???

I am taking the family over as long as the weather is good. If it is too cold for the kids to swim, I won't go. Porter will be there along with a few of his buddies.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-24-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Teresa and I will be there around 9pm Friday night, and yes, the Samm Crew will be sponsored by Pyramid Brewery again.

Everyone have a safe trip over and I'll see ya there.

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
Brent,

The "CUMMINS" doesn't even recognize the pass.

I'm one for three on Memorial weekends over there, and I'm not willing to chance the weather. If it's nice out Saturday, I'll road trip over for the day with my boy.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
I hear ya...just giving you a bad time. I am 50/50 depending on the weather. It doesn't look good at this point.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-24-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USWA0339?from=search_city

Looks good enough to me, of course we are talking about Washington.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
LOL. The report has gotten better since this morning. I went to Accuweather and they were predicting showers this weekend. I am not going to get too excited about it either way until about Wednesday or Thursday.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-26-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
For those of you coming to Pateros this weekend that have never been there, here is what you have to look forward to.

Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
Wish I could join you guys!! Maybe in the fall
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-26-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
Some call it butter. At Pateros we call it oil.

Have a great weekend and we will see you guy's in July.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-27-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
Anybody have any ideas on water temp at Pateros??
Old    dju            05-27-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Columbia river at vantage was 54 last weekend.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-28-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
Cal, last year the water was still a bit chilly. It's trunkable if the air temp is warm enough. It's supposed to be upper 60's to low 70's so trunks may be a reality. If you have a neoprene wind block shirt I would bring it. The nice thing about Pateros is you can go out for awhile and if you get cold, a hot shower is waiting for you when you get back. The owner of the motor inn was talking about installing a big outdoor hot tub last year so maybe ther is that too.

See everyone tonight. Some of us still have to work today.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-28-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
I'm working, too... Should be rolling in around 10:00 or so tonight. One person in the crew couldn't get off work this afternoon, so we're all holding back. Oh well, it was the difference of whether she came or not, so it seemed like a worthy sacrifice. :-)

Quick question. Is there room to actually moor boats on the motor inn dock, or do you have to put them back on the trailers at night??
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-28-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
There is room for 4 boats if moored single file. More if we double them up. The dock has some bumpers but I would bring some more if you have them. One side of the dock is upriver, the other side is down river. If it gets windy it is usually coming from up river so that side of the dock can get hammered. There are 2 launches, the closest one is about 200 yds. up river and is pretty steep. If you launch from there make sure you keep the front strap on your bow until your boat is in the water so your boat doesn't slide off the trailer. It is just as easy to pull your boat at night as it is to leave it in the water. You can park them right next to the hotel and we have never had any problems with people messing with them.

Here is a pic of the dock from last year. The left side is upriver.

Me and my girlfriend should be leaving Seattle around 5 or so so we will probably beat you over there by an hour or so. If you give me a call on my cell I can give you the scoop on the drive over. 206-930-0908.

Later, Brad
Old    dju            06-01-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
How was Pateros this weekend?
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-01-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
You know...I don't really remember???
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-01-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
...but seriously, it was awesome. The weather was warm for late May (about 70 each day), had some very good water on Saturday morning. Not so much good water on Sunday. And we couldn't get the crew motivated on Monday -- as we were driving away and saw how calm the water was... we almost turned back.

Traffic sucked.

It was an absolutely amazing weekend. And I really enjoyed meeting all you guys over there. Hope my crew wasn't too rowdy for you guys! If you guys are ever over on Lake Washington (or think you might be over on Lake Washington), drop me an email and I'll get you my phone number (I'm scared of putting it out on the i-net). I'm almost always in Meydenbauer Bay...usually anchored in the corner waiting for the water to settle. Then it never does. Then we go home. Then we wait til the next weekend, and repeat the cycle.

-Cal
Old     (angelamonson)      Join Date: May 2004       06-02-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
Would you please post some pictured of Pateros. I have always wanted to go there to wakeboard but always felt it was too far. I live in Liberty Lake. Thanks! Angela
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
Angela,

I live in Otis Orchards. Where do you usually ride??

Later,
jjakober
Old    duncans            06-02-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
Yeah, pics please
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-02-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Pics are up above, no? I never unpacked my camera, so no new pics from me. But the pics above show the main part of the lake, where the motor inn is... the pics are from the lawn of the motor inn. There is good wakeboarding right in front and in all directions. The whole lake looks just like that...when the wind came in, we had to drive a couple miles down river (to the right) to find good water.

So yeah, no pics.
Old    zacksmith75            06-02-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
nice boats and pics of the lake next you have to get some pics of you wakeboarding later
Old     (angelamonson)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 5:46 AM Reply   
Hi Jjack,I noticed your pic was at Liberty Lake. I live just around the corner from your picture. My daughter is the better boarder. Priest Lake....lake of choice! Hey, I want to get your opinion. I just bought my daughter a CWB board, my husband and his brother have liquid force....which is better...or is that just opinion, Ang
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
Ang,

If the board you have rides the way you want and it doesn't break, then that's the board to ride. Doesn't matter who makes it as long as you like it.

By the way, the Pic. in my profile is actually at Newman Lake.

jjakober

(Message edited by jjakober on June 03, 2004)
Old     (angelamonson)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 6:24 AM Reply   
Well for Pete's sake, I could have sworn that was Liberty....great pic anyway hahahaha So much for my lake recognition skills!